Today we are finishing week 10 and the Gift of Training. Only 2 more weeks left in our summer book club! I can’t believe how fast it has flown by! I pray you are enjoying it and learning as much as I am!
In today’s video Courtney and I discuss the importance of taking advantage of requests to pray with our children as well as seeing life’s tribulations as teaching opportunities to help our children in the midst of them learn to lean on Jesus and the wisdom He gives.
This week I have included a few more spiritual training resources that have been recommended to me to help assist and guide us as we point our children to Jesus. Please note all these resources are listed in addition to the ultimate 1st resource which is God’s Word.
- Spiritual Growth of Children (FOTF) by John Trent, Rick Osborne and Kurt Bruner
- Parenting with Scripture by Kara Durbin
- God is…Family Devo cards by Back to the Bible
- Just Add Family by Kurt and Olivia Bruner (Family Nights)
- My Faith Box by Lydia Randall
- Five Love Languages by Chapman
- Little Visits for Toddlers by Mary Manz Simon
- Don’t Make Me Count to Three by Ginger Plowman (Discipline)
- Parenting with Love and Logic-Teaching Children Responsibility by Cline and Fay
- Hide it in Your Heart by Gloria Gaither and Shirley Dobson (Bible)
- Family Reading Bible by Zondervan
Please feel free to add to our list by commenting on our post today! We always love hearing from you!
On Monday we will start our last gift, the Gift of Service!
Also just a reminder about our giveaway this week, if you haven’t done so already make sure and enter to win the book Our 24 Family Ways written by Clay Clarkson! It’s a must have for every family!
Until next time…
Love God Greatly!