You Are Loved: Week 1- Let’s Get Started!!!

Week 1

Welcome!

I am so glad you are joining us this summer as we read You Are Loved and dig into God’s Word together.

Before we get started I just have to say….I believe God has BIG plans for us these next 8 weeks…and beyond.

Did you know we have OVER 10,000 women from around the WORLD participating in our summer study? Not to mention all the other groups who are doing previous GMG studies like Luke 1-8: Living Like Jesus, Colossians or Intentionally Focused.

I have to be honest and say that it gets me super excited to think of what God can do through 10,000 women’s lives who are learning about how much God loves them by digging into His Word and our book this summer.

I believe these next 8 weeks are going to be exciting, challenging and life changing. I encourage you to be lovingly real in your groups. It’s okay to admit you don’t have it all together and struggle sometimes knowing if you are loved by God.  If this describes you, then you are in good company. Love on each other, encourage each other and pray for each other. We are in this together.

If you don’t have a group and are doing the summer study solo, I invite you to join us here every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and share with us what God is doing in your life. We would LOVE to hear!

Today I’m excited to introduce you to my very special friend and mentor, Sally Clarkson! Sally is one of those women who after spending any time with her, makes you crave to know Jesus the way she does. Wisdom flows from her and I can’t wait to share her with you!

************************************************************************************

You Are Loved: Chapter 1 Video

(Click here if you can’t see the video!)

“I Love you!”

These are the words that soothe our heart, that fill us with comfort, that bring joy.

Yet, because we are living in a broken world, often instead we hear the words,

“You aren’t worthy!”

“You have failed.”

“You are inadequate.”

Yet, the truest thing about God is that HE has the capacity to love you, to surround you with His joy and delight forever and ever. He has compassion on you like a Father has compassion on His children. He gave everything to redeem you.

God is the one who designed your eyes, your hair color, your personality and he delights in you as a work of art.

This week, begin replacing the voices that speak to you in your head with, “I am loved.”
“He made me to be special.” “He gave everything, His very life, so that I could be restored to the secret place of His heart and love.

Even as a toddler crawls into the arms of her mother because she belongs there, so we can crawl into God’s love and tell him all that is on our hearts. He opens His arms to us and is delighted that we are there, because

WE BELONG THERE!

WE ARE HIS CHILDREN.

WE DO NOT HAVE TO DESERVE TO BE IN THE ARMS OF OUR FATHER, WE GO THERE BECAUSE IT IS OUR RIGHTFUL PLACE AS HIS CHILD.

As a matter of fact, God is so delighted with you that He will sing over you with delight. Let these words sink into your heart this week, and believe them and celebrate them as you come to understand even more the abundant, never-ending love of God, our heavenly Father.

The LORD your God is with you,
the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
but will rejoice over you with singing.

Remember, today, He rejoices over you with singing! Be blessed in His love today.

sally

Week 1 Reading Plan
Week-1

Week 1 Memory Verse
week 1 memory verse

Week 1 Challenge
Challenge1

Let’s Talk:

1. After watching today’s video with Sally Clarkson, what spoke to your heart?

2. When you hear that God loves you, what comes to your mind? Why do you think you struggle with this truth?

Comments

1. Beautiful Sally! Oh I instantly thought about my granddaughters and how they love climbing in ‘Poppy’s lap’ and wrapping his arms around them. They call them love hugs! Thank you for your precious words!

Martha

2. JoLynnH says:

I’m so happy to finally be at the start of this study! What spoke to me most from Sally’s video was also the part about crawling into our Father’s arms, resting and being at peace there. I think this is what I struggle with most. I tell myself that God loves me, but honestly, I do not ever feel it fully in my soul. To crawl into His arms, finally allow myself to rest and be at peace – that that would be enough. I’m not sure why I struggle with this truth. I guess it’s just part of my human nature to rail against what I cannot see. Maybe also because of the world and the continual exposure to the sin that abounds here…sometimes it’s hard to see the light beyond the shadows. And maybe I cannot fully understand because I’m not meant to while I am here. Maybe that is part of God’s plan? That the longing for love and belonging is what drives me to Him afterall? It gets pretty deep. I so need this study! Thank you.

• Jolynnh,

Thank you so very much for sharing your heart with us! I loved reading your post. There many days I feel so unloved and it’s all my own doing, I fall for the lies that world tells me, that I’m not good enough. I must stay in God’s word several times a day to be reminded how much He loves me. You are right, it is our human nature to rail against what we don’t see.

Martha ‘Leadership Encourager’

3. I think it’s important for us all to know that no matter what we do or what we may be going through God loves us and he cares for us. He doesn’t love anyone any less than someone else. He loves us all the same.

• Brandy,
      I agree, it’s so important for us to know of his great love for us, not matter what! Thank you for joining us today!

Martha ‘Leadership Encourager’

4. Zenneline says:

After watching Sally’s video clip and doing the challenge part I was reminded of my Mom’s love for me and I guess I CAN EQUATE IT TO HOW GOD LOVES ME because that is my natural point of reference and I feel that I always need to prove myself however I have realized that my “works” doesn’t make God love me more or less, God just loves me anyway and that is very comforting, I am freed by the thought and the true revelation in scripture that nothing I do or don’t do or say or don’t say will ever separate me from God’s loves and I receive His love freely today. Thank you for this encouragement, it is much needed for me and this came at a perfect time. I look forward to the rest of the 8 weeks and daily scripture reading.

5. It is so easy to read words, but so much harder to believe them. I believe this bible study is a challenge for us to not only read these beautiful words, but to believe them and let them sink into our memory bank of our hearts so that when we drift off a little, we can recall these beautiful words and rise up to what God thinks of us….

• Carole, I agree wholeheartedly! We can find difficulty in beliving something we don’t see the way we are used to seeing things presently. Praying you are encouraged and drawn closer to Him throughout this study. :o) {Marlene – Leadership Encourager}

6. What stands out the most is how it’s difficult I understand His love because I’m not perfect. I do make mistakes. All the while He loves us.
    I do believe when we observe how our children and love us we can see a glimpse of Gods love for us.

• Nicole, you took my thoughts to 2 Corinthians 12: 9-10 which reads: “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

What a blessing it is to know this, and to be able to observe the love between a child and their parent (or experience it ourselves) – and to know that His love for us is beyond that! :o)
      {Marlene – Leadership Encourager}

7. Nancy Walter says:

I was touched by the thought of God rejoicing over me, just as I am. I don’t grant myself this grace because I know my unworthiness, yet God does, too, and this is how God feels about me. WOW!

• Melissa says:

Zeph. 3:17 is my favorite Bible verse for that reason! I love imagining God rejoicing over me! I so enjoy singing to Him and the thought of Him singing over me just makes my heart burst with joy! I agree…WOW! :)

8. Hearing that God’s love is not based on my performance, is what spoke to me. He loves me like I love my children, no matter what. But also knowing my love for Him should compel me to keep His commandments.

I guess I struggle because I know how weak I am and how much I fail Him. I tend to think I have to be perfect to earn His love. That is one thing I try to relay to my boys, they don’t have to earn God’s love or mine.

I am SO glad to be back in a GMG study! Thank y’all so much! You will never know what it means to me to have found this community.

9. Annie J says:

I just finished watching the clip and reading the remainder of the blog. I was instantly taken by these words spoken by Sally, and they are still ringing through my mind “Whatever you rehearse in your mind, takes root in your heart.” This is what is going through my mind over and over … there are very specific thoughts/words I have spoken to myself. And if I’m being honest continue to speak to myself. When Sally spoke those words they practically JUMPED out at me. I realized that many of the words I’ve spoken/speak to myself were first spoken to me by someonelse in my past. I realized that I somehow began to believe those words and now I am the ‘someone’ repeating them to myself. Although I’ve healed in a lot of other areas, I felt the Lord say to me that there is this one that I am still holding on to. I’ve been rehearsing the negative/the lies and they have taken root. “Whatever you rehearse in your mind will take root in your heart.” I felt the Lord very clearly tell me it’s time to surrender and release these lies and rehearse a new script … SRIPTure…His word…His truth…about who I am and who He created me to be…that this is a new season of renewing & healing my mind and being all that I am through Christ who gives me strength. Surrender my thoughts to Him … let Him weed out the old and replace it with the new. “Whatever you rehearse will take root in your heart.”

• I am so glad you shared as I did not hear her say that. That what we rehearse in our minds takes root in our hearts. I heard it said many ways, but I like that one. Simple and direct. And everything you said….ditto. We all have been lied to. It’s time to replace the lies with truth!

• Cristina o says:

Thank you, Annie j. Your words spoke to me. God bless!

• Cheyene says:

Exactly how I am feeling! Thank you for sharing Annie J. Whatever battles we come across, we must always remember that WE ARE LOVED.

• Thank you Annie J! I am working on rehearsing a new SCRIPT this next 8 weeks also!!! Your words were beautiful and an encouragement to me :)

• Beautiful!! And so very true!!

• ‘Whatever you rehearse in your mind, takes root in your heart.’ These few words jumped out at me as well. So often I hear words of self-doubt in my mind. This ‘script’ was written by many people who have traveled through my life- some are still a part of it. Sally’s words reminded me that I need to rewrite my own script, focusing on God’s love for me so that God’s words will take root in my heart.
        Btw… I watched the video clip twice! Such comfort in her voice.

• AnnieJ, I didn’t hear those words spoken in the video either, so I’m so glad you shared. I had an upbringing based on “what will other people think” and as I’ve gotten much older, I find I still think that way. Getting over that mind set has not been easy but those words “‘Whatever you rehearse in your mind, takes root in your heart” has just changed my world! I am going to replace the “but what if” and “but what about…” with “I am loved. no matter! God loves me even though. Thank you for sharing.

10. Thank you! What an awesome image of crawling up to be close to our Heavenly Father. The comfort and protection there, is like no other! I look froward to this study and diving in to God’s word.

• EJ,

I love that images and the softness of Sally’s voice gave spoke volumes to me today!

Martha ‘Leadership Encourager’

11. Brenda Spurlock says:

Actually I see it from a little different perspective as I crawled up in his arms about 14 year ago when my husband left me and I wouldn’t take nothing for my daily journey with him. Blessings to all! PS s So glad to be a part of this!

• Brenda,

Glad you are here with us! I understand your perspective. I crawled into His arms during my dark years of physical abuse in my former marriage.

Martha ‘Leadership Encourager’

12. Sandie Suter says:

I just finished watching Sally’ video and when she describes her daughter, Joy coming into bed and wanting to be as close as she possibly can get, to feel her love. It reminded me of my daughters when they were little and the peaceful feeling of them feeling safe, feeling loved, a feeling that they mattered. I started to think that this is how God wants us to feel about Him. He wants us to feel Him around us, all the time- keeping us safe, loving us, knowing that we matter in this life.

13. Susan Lynch says:

I love being reminded of how God loves me and no matter what I do that will not change just like with our own childen.

14. Tammy Eifert says:

After watching the video, I thought of how my children would come to me when they had been awaken by a bad dream or from a storm. They wanted to feel safe. That is how God is with us. As women we carry so much on our shoulders at times and God wants us to come to him and let him carry the burden. He wants us to come to him to feel safe and not to rely on this world to provide an example of safety.

15. Michele says:

I agree with what so many others have said this morning! The words here and in our daily reading are easy to read and give us great joy BUT they are harder to take to heart and truly trust. We live on such a “seeing us believing” world and we somehow NEED that physical acceptance, I know I do! But then I take what I’ve heard today and read today and it makes me think about my own children! Even when I’m frustrated with them, it doesn’t change my love for them and if I can wrap my head (and heart) around that God loves me that way, WOW what kind of life would I lead!! Thanks for starting this study and I look forward to the next 8 weeks!

• Ooh Michele,

I LOVE how you worded your comment, “if I can wrap my head (and heart) around that God loves me that way, WOW what kind of life would I lead!!” – I am with you – what kind of life indeed!

Martha, ‘Leadership Encourager’

16. Sally, Watching you made me desire even more a grandmother for my daughter who could speak truth to her. Would you consider doing a short video weekly, daily even better – :), where you speak to very young children about God’s love for them. I can tell her, but hearing your sweet voice and feeling His love come thru would be such a blessing to her and to me. My little is 5 and I want to surround her with God’s love. Unfortunately, we are lone Christians, living in an area with very liberal churches. Either way, I’ll be sharing your bible study videos with her. Blessings to you!

17. Well, the first thing that came to my mind was “how could you love someone like me?” Automatically, I think, well just like Sally mentioned, God loves because I AM His child. Everything makes sense when I hear that “I am a child of God” regardless of my wrong-doings God never stops loving me. God does not look at my failures. WOW that alone makes me feel so Loved.

18. Carol jackson says:

Like usual I did my devotional while still lying in bed and listened to what Sally had to say. I was totally overwhelmed and taken by surprise on how my emotions overtook me. I began to cry, tears flowing down the sides of my face unto my pillow. His loves for me is always fresh and everlasting. Thank you for helping to open up my heart once again to His love!

• Carol,

I joined you in those tears. I watched the video twice just to hear what I missed the first time, or to let it all sink in. Truly a great way to start the day, feeling His love.

Martha

19. This is perfect. My husband and I are becoming missionaries. We are going to this pretty small island in a few weeks. Maybe you’ve heard of it? It’s called Manhattan ! We are going to our daughters event for lesbians. (Yes, she lives a gay lifestyle) Our journey to be able to do this could fill a book, but suffice it to say they need Gods love and I believe I am finally able to be His ambassador to these hurting women. She is coming back…she just doesn’t know it yet.

20. From watching the video of Sally I got that God rejoices over me and I am HIS wonderful masterpiece. What comes to my mind when I hear that God loves me is how unconditional that love is for us.I think many people might struggle with the concept of unconditional because there minds can’t wrap around it due to them relating it to how we as humans love . From one of the earlier post I got that God just loves us to peices He wants us to crawl up in His lap and He wants to wrap us in His arms His love for we are His children . The song wrap me in your arms is coming to me right now

• I really like what you posted it is so what I needed to hear today. I love that he wraps me up in His arms so that I can feel his love protect me and keep me safe. Even when a seed of negativity is planted He makes sure it does not grow. That is what I call complete unconditional love.

21. JEssica m says:

I am very excited about being apart of this study. What spoke out to me is we are never alone, God is always watching, loving, guiding and supporting us. I have had difficulty feeling his presence and pray for acknowledging his presence. I have gone through many days of feeling lonely since my husband past away almost 2 years ago and left me and our son, who will be 4 this month, behind. I pray that I will stop blocking him and completely allow him to embrace me and my son. I pray the guilt, fear and loneliness of the trials I have been through will pass and my heart and mind can rest easy.

I truly loved and needed the reading today, and I am very excited to see what the rest of study will bring me.

Thank you.

22. I’m in awe of your sharing… here and come thankful for this book and the fellowship together to remind us all of how loved we actually are. As a sufferer of depression I fight constantly to overcome the negative thoughts that surround me sometimes. I know God is everywhere, but sometimes its hard to truly get it that no matter what He loves me. I’m so thankful I have His Word to remind me… now just to overcome and go to it when I need to. Things are getting better – much better as I grow closer to Him, but this journey is not over. Thank you for sharing, thank you for reminding me that we have this awesome heavenly Father. Parenting my own boys does help me in realizing just how much God does love me, because He loves even greater then that!!

23. Annalize says:

I am so excited to start this bible study, I have been waiting for over a month for it to start and it has started with a bang! I love what Sally said about her daughter climbing into her arms, just after I read it my son of 6 came and gave me the biggest hug ever, and it just showed me how unconditional God’s love for us is. I have torn up my fears, failures and faults and given them to God! I can’t wait to see what the next 8 weeks hold.

24. As I was listening to Sally, I was able to go back in memory to those times when I crawled in my mom’s arms, rest on her chest and felt the warmth, peace and comfort that only a parent &/or care giver can provide for his/her children. It recharged me. I felt special and loved.
    Yes, I believe HE LOVES EACH OF US UNIQUELY… Amen

25. Thank you, Sally!
    What comes to my mind when i think of God loving me, is peace! It feels my mind, my heart and calms my spirit! He loves me and is in control of all that happens in my life. He loves me even in the darkest of the suffering in my life! May it all be for His glory!

26. As many have said, I am excited to start this study as well. My heart needs this reminder of how great and present God’s love is, always. I just endured a very difficult and traumatic medical issue that has left me in a place of fear, sadness (possibly depression), and with feelings of isolation. All the places that David speaks of in Psalm 139 and the good news is, even in these places God {and his love} is here and we can’t hide from it!

• Kay,
      I live in chronic pain daily due to medical issues and I know those stages well. The sadness is overwhelming at times – and can overtake me if I’m not dwelling in his presence. Glad you are here with us!

Martha

27. When I hear that God loves me, I know this. But sometimes my own sin keeps me from feeling it. I do not feel worthy even though I know in my mind that I am worthy to Him. I love my kids unconditionally and have always told them that I will love them regardless of what they do. I hope to learn through this study that God loves me the same. Why is it so easy to give this love to others but find it difficult to receive it ourselves?

28. Cheyene says:

I have been weak, I have let the sins of my past take control of the thoughts in my mind but I hope over the next 8 weeks I can finally take that power back and live peacefully knowing that I am loved by someone so great. Imperfections and all.

29. Melissa says:

I liked GMG on Facebook and get the daily devotions in my email, so I have seen this book and study advertised, but I was reluctant to do it, because I am going through a rough time right now. I don’t feel loved and I don’t love my life. Money is tight, so I didn’t want to buy the book, but that excuse was destroyed when I saw that I could borrow the book for free on my Kindle. Time is not a valid excuse right now, because I just graduated and am still looking for a job. I decided that I needed to give it a try and wouldn’t you know that this week’s memory verse is my favorite Bible verse! I am really praying that this study will provide the encouragement and affirmation I need to get me out of the rut that I am in. Thank you.

• Oh Melissa!
      So glad that God spoke to you through this study, right where you are! Our God loves you SO much and He will never stop fighting for YOU!

30. Viktoria says:

I struggle day after day if God will love me because am not perfect. I had no one to show me God’s love 3 years ago when a friend of my realized how bardly I was deteriorating emotionally. Three years ago I hut my rock bottom where I felt so hopeless because I was struggling as a single mother 6 with two kids. Thier dad walked out on us just like my mmom,dad, and siblings walked out on me. I have lived a lonely life for so long. Mother rejected me at birth, my dad didn’t want to see me. My sister took me for the first five years of my life till she left to go get married and to move with her life. After she left I felt lost. I felt like I had no reason to live. My world was shuttered when she left. I have not been able to move on from there, so for although I am being told by my spiritual guide that I am loved I am still struggling with it. Most times I feel like if I were to make the wrong move that God will walk out on me like everyone else.

31. Dear Sisters in Jesus,
    I’m thankful to be a part of this group. I need to hear that God loves me. I want to be firm in this truth as God prepares my heart this summer for the Great Commission.
    I love you!
    Karen

32. jennifer w. says:

I agree with many above on things that stood out to me. The first was the idea of “what you rehearse in your mind is what will take root in your heart.” Things told to me along with actions taken toward me have clung to my soul my whole life. These lies become like a well loved quilt that I run to, just because it can become comfortable because it has been worn, used, and known. I am finding it takes a step of faith to put off those old thought patterns and wrap myself in the new colors and textures of His love. It takes a risk, too because this is what I have known for so long and it has been my default. I’m finding that I need to cling to Him, look at Him and not at me.

Then the words of Joy crawling up in her mother’s arms. My little granddaughter loves to snuggle with “Marmah”. Praying that I will learn to snuggle in His arms, too. It’s always been difficult to believe Zeph. 3:17 is for me. But, I’m seeing God’s character in this. That’s what I need to trust.

33. I am going to be doing this study with my 10-yr-old daughter. We are very excited to start this evening! Do we have to purchase the book or will the prayer/study guides and scripture reading be enough? Thanks!

34. This first message was so welcome…he images so warm and comforting. I did not come from a warm & fuzzy home so can’t recall in my own childhood crawling into my mom’s lap. I know she loved me though, just with 13 siblings and a father that left her to raise them alone, she was a busy lady! I do hope that I have created that environment for my own children. And, I so want to feel that sense of God as my Father, welcoming me in a warm embrace. The activity was so cleansing and freeing!

35. These words made my heart dance…WE DO NOT HAVE TO DESERVE TO BE IN THE ARMS OF OUR FATHER. WE GO THERE BECAUSE IT IS OUR RIGHTFUL PLACE AS HIS CHILD.

For my entire life I have suffered with anxiety and depression and I can clearly remember as a child how my comfort always came from my mother. One of my biggest fears and regrets is that I don’t think I made myself as available to my children. God knows I love them and they love me, but I wondered so far away from Him and done so many disgusting things in my life, knowing they were wrong. May He forever be patient with me.

36. I am amazed at the number of women that are a part of this study and at how organized GMG is in putting everything together and all for the glory of God. I don’t doubt that God loves me on a normal day and I’m in my right mind. What’s difficult is when trials come and you have so much noise in your head you can’t hear God. Focus is hard when life tries to move you off course. I have these lapses of memory a lot less than I used to but now and then…you can hit a day when everything seems to be wrong and you forget that God is working it out you just have to be still. Still..so we can here Him whisper…Still so we can see Him working. Be still and KNOW that He is God.

• I’m amazed at the number of women also, Terry! And yes, the power of just knowing that God is in control and all we need to do is be still. It’s so hard to do in our culture these days with everything fighting for our attention, but that doesn’t mean we still don’t need to do it.:)

37. SerlinA munOx says:

Hello all! I am so eager to dig right into this bible study. So many things spoke to me: I instantly cried when she mentioned her daughter Joy being born at the age of 43. My husband and I have been struggling to conceive for 5 years and hearing her words just soothed my soul with an everlasting peace. I am loved with an everlasting love and I need to stop believing the lies that get whispered in my ear. God is for me and I love the memory verse. It reminds me of a song…. “You dance over me…. Lord I’m amazed by you, Lord I’m amazed by you and how you love me” just imagining that makes me smile.

• Serlina,

One thing that I’ve starting doing when I “hear” those voices whispering in my ear lies is start quoting scripture and turning my fears into prayers and praises. :) Though I can’t control “hearing” them, I can control how I let them influence me and affect my life. :) Fight them with God’s Word! :)

38. Megan Storm says:

I think that the first thing I thought of when watching Sally, was my love for my own children. When she talked about how it didn’t matter when she did Joy’s laundry or when she washed Joy’s dishes – she did it out of love. And it was hard. It reminded me of all of the things I do for my own children out of love. It amazed me to think that God loves us like we love our own children and he loves them too! WOW! Blown away!

39. ReBekah nelson says:

Ppl are so different in the way they show love. I’ve seen one being easily accepted and just as easily one being rejected. God doesn’t reject us. He accepts us exactly as we are. What love that is! You don’t have to look or act a certain way to gain His love and acceptance. He is the Greatest example to us as humans on how we should see ourselves and even treat ourselves, as well as others. Society says we have to look a certain way but God says we are beautifully and wonderfully made. It’s not easy to see ourselves as loved and beautiful but God is our strength…He is our Portion…He helps us to see what we can’t with our human eyes! My dear sisters…you are loved and you are beautiful! Don’t let anyone take that truth from you! If God said it, He means it! Believe that! Grab hold of that truth and run freely with it!

40. In chapter 1 when it said, “because I can feel your love better when I am closer. ” That grabbed my heart because no matter what I am going thru if I am spending time with God, I do feel His love stronger.

41. Sabrina says:

Great start to the study. As a new Christian, I am still learning but it’s always good to hear how no matter what happened in our past that God still loves us. He is the reason we are here and he wants us to live the best life we can and will continue to love us no matter what.

42. Julie mcgrew says:

I have a friend who has a 14 year old son. He is also friends with my 14 year old son. A week ago this past Thursday my friend and her husband had to call the police on him. He had physically attacked his dad. He had admitted to them prior to that that he had been using pot and K2. He is ADHD and also diagnosed with Oppositional Defiance Disorder. Lately, his anger has been over the top. Nothing seems to get through. So, the police took him to the Youth Village ( which is a lock up facility for kids under the age of 18) they had court the next and the judge was willing to let him go home but he was still so angry, the judge along with mom decided a weekend lock up might help him calm his attitude. Mom and dad went to visit this weekend this is what she sent me :
    Please pray harder for Caleb. Tom an I went to see him yesterday, and it was not a good visit. Tom walked out and said he will not go back and of course I left in tears. This is not my Caleb, I don’t know what has happened to him. He is so mean and he is enjoying his time in there. He has already been in fights and he is so pumped about it. I thought more than once during our visit that he was going to hit me. He says he hates me and he will never come back to our house because he will never follow our stupid rules of not leaving when he wants and not doing drugs. He said I was to controlling and he is going to do what he wants and for me to deal with it. He said when they drug tested him when he went in there he tested positive for marijuana, pcp, and cocaine. He told me not to come back because he doesn’t want to see me anymore. We have court tomorrow and I know it is not going to go well. I haven’t stopped crying since I left there yesterday and I don’t know how I will make it thru court. It is almost a certainty that the judge will not let him come home. I am afraid for him to come home. I really don’t know how to help Caleb because he doesn’t want it.

Court today didn’t go so well. He was still angry. He went back to the Youth Village until court again on Thursday. This family needs prayer, lots and lots and lots of prayer! I’ve asked my church to please send cards, a card to Brandy and the family letting them know we are praying for them and one for Caleb. I don’t know what else to do to help them. And at this point I’m afraid Caleb will be lost.
    So I ask anyone reading please pray for them. If you can send a card : Brandy Bates 2002 Lake Rd Princeton IN 47670 Caleb’s address at this time would be the same. Help us try to save this child. Please share this as well!

• Ohhh Julie! I’m so sorry for all the pain and heart break you are going through right now! Please know that I’m praying for the heart and mind of Caleb to be opened to God working in his life. Praying for strength, discernment and hope for his parents.

43. My daughter also climbs into bed with me and I just get an overwhelming feeling of love for her. When you spoke about God holding us in His arms, I thought that if I feel so much love for my daughter, how much more love God feels for me. After all, He gave His only Son to die for me. I am so blessed to have seen this study today. It comes at a time when I need to feel God’s love for me more than ever. I’m not sure why I struggle with knowing He loves me. This study will definitely help me understand. God bless you, GMG, for organizing this.

44. Lisa Manns says:

This is awesome it is so nice to know that no matter where or what I am feeling throughout a day that God loves me unconditionally.

45. Kristen says:

The thing that spoke to me most about the video is also, climbing into God’s lap and the love and peace and wholeness I receive there. But so many times I forget that, above all else He is the God of love. I think maybe it’s in part due to the church I was brought up in, it focused so much on our failures and pointing out our sins, filling our heads with fear of a lightening strike for wrong doing that I don’t really remember being told “but Jesus LOVES you through it all!” I used to think that he only loved me when I was doing good and trying to stay on the course he set for me…I felt I had to buy he affection with acts and works, I had to pray a certain way (that was TOTALLY NOT how I spoke or thought or felt), I had to behave very mechanically…and looking back now I realize that he loved me even when I turned away from him, even when I came to him with a sincere heart but called him dad instead of Lord. He loves us always no matter if we are “the sinner” or “the saint”. He loved me at my darkest just as much as he loves me at my brightest. And I think that’s why it took me so long to truly seek a personal, here is my heart and EVERYTHING in it, good, bad, and ugly, relationship with him, I had to realize first that he loves all of me, in every way I am, just the way I am, (even when I catch myself saying LOL to Jesus, me and my creator laugh a lot during prayer time) before I could really begin to seek him with a sincere heart. I can’t wait for this series and getting to know more and more how truly, fully, and deeply my creator, Heavenly Father, loves me!! Woo hoo!

46. Growing up I had never experienced hugging past a certain age. I was a foster kid in a foster home and although I was cared for and I’m sure I was loved, I just wasn’t shown that love physically for very long. I was determined to show my physical love to my future children and I made it a point to hug my children daily and tell them I loved them too, something I didn’t hear growing up either. I’m happy to know that I am welcome in God’s loving arms and that He has a place for me there and I am always welcome to go get my hug and love from Him. That is something I’ve craved for years. Now I know I have it and that I deserve it because that is my place. God loves me, I accept that, I welcome that, I long for that and I do not struggle with that truth.

47. NaNCY KINUTHIA says:

I thank God for leading me to find GMG and just in time to participate in this study. I love how Sally talked about running into the father’s arms and feeling the assurance of that lovely embrace. I’ve never felt this with my earthly father or stepfather but there are countless times when I feel our heavenly father just wrap his arms around me. Even when I feel unworthy, I run to him and he still hugs me and holds me, oh how wonderful is this love!

Sometimes it’s hard to accept this truth that God loves us unconditionally because of our sinful ways, or because we’re surrounded by people who only loves us when we’re doing what they want. The devil loves to hammer down on us that guilt, and shame and condemnation when we sin and make us hide from God rather than run to God. But we know, he loves us unconditionally.

48. Pamela cuevas says:

This is beautiful. Gods love is unconditional, even for little ole me!

49. Kimberly says:

I really enjoyed this and I’m super excited to see what becomes of the next 7 weeks.

50. What spoke to me was Sally’s description of all her love for Joy as a mother. I, too am a mother and grandmother so, I know her depth of feelings. When my kids are good, I am good.
    However, I have suffered chronic pain for many, many years, and the worst of it has been the last 5 years. Most days I “run the race” knowing God is my support, help, healing and hope. I often say to myself throughout a day, ” I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” But most weeks I have 2, 3 or more days when the pain is so very difficult I feel sick with it. I’ve prayed and prayed for relief from this much suffering. I sometimes struggle believing that God loves me fully and completely when I know he could heal me. I don’t want to doubt his love. I feel ashamed when I think of what Christ suffered for me. I want to have trust and faith that God will use this for good, for those who love him. I do love God.
    I’m praying this study will forever cast away my doubts and I’ll KNOW his love no matter what the circumstances in my life. The peace of this sureness and confidence in his love would be worth more than even the relief from pain. Please, pray for me. Thank you.

51. I am so excited about doing this study. I so need to feel God’s love and acceptance. We have been through the hardest 6 months of our lives since January. Our daughter was engaged and her fiancé convinced her that I was not emotionally safe for her. He moved her out of our home, married her and moved her to Florida to live with his Grandma. This is a girl who used to call me her best friend. We haven’t seen or spoken to her since January. I have been really trying to remind myself that in God’s eyes I am forgiven and loved. I think the devil has been using the fact that I now feel like a failure as a mother. I struggle with continually telling myself I should have done this or I should have done that but I know that this would have happened no matter what we have done. He has brainwashed our beautiful girl and I miss her so much! Please pray that God will bring her home to us and to Him! I am so thankful that I am Loved because my heart is broken!

• Lynn,
      I am so sorry for the pain you are going through right now. I think you are right that the enemy wants to heap condemnation on us. That is why studying God’s word is so important. He is lying and we need to be immersed in God’s truth to fight back. I will pray for you and your daughter. Even when we don’t see anything God is working. Don’t lose heart. Nothing is impossible with God. Focus on Him and his power and not the situation. I am in a similar situation and have a great deal of compassion for you. But the Lord is near to the broken hearted and He loves you completely. I will be praying for the blinders to fall off the eyes of your daughter that she will see the truth. And all the love that you poured into her will be brought back to her memory.

• Pam, Thank you for your compassionate response. Since you are in a similar situation I know you know how close the years are to the surface and I cried when I read your comment. I am so thankful for a living God that walls through this hard life with us. How do people do this this without Him? He has shown me that I can live without my girl and I can still be happy but the pain is always there. I love the part of the memory verse, “He quiets me with His love”. I have definitely felt His live quieting me! I will be praying for you too!

• Silly spellcheck! Tears not years, loving not living. walks not wall, and love not live. Lol at least it made me laugh! :-)

52. Last weekend I celebrated with my family the first birthday of my second grandson. I was rocking him that evening and as usual I sand and hummed hymns. As held him with tears and longed for him…to know the depth of my love for him…when he is older, when he is an adult I thought how I wished he could recapture in his spirit the enormous love I felt for him. As I read the material for today and watched the video in my heart and to my marrow I realized God longs for us to capture in our hearts that intense and unbridled love he has for us. So I am placing myself—in my mind—in the same physical scenario as I was holding my baby grandson…only me being sang to and hummed over by my sweet Creator.

53. melissa says:

I believe for me what spoke to my heart most is I can not grasp God’s love because I never felt love growing up, as a young adult I was searching for love through sex and as an adult I have been hurt more times than I like to admit and those who say they love me say it just to ay it their actions speak otherwise. I think I have kept that whole mindset that I don’t deserve to be loved and I will never be loved. Not being able to see and feel God’s love without comparing it to those in the world or even those that claim to love me as far as friends and family go. I am a single mother of two and I believe the only love I can feel is that of my children. Looking forward to this study because I really want I to know without doubt or fear of rejection that God’s love for me in never ending or changing.

54. Not sure how I got onto this study but very glad I did. I so much needed this now. How can I get your book? Send me an email with that information and other communications. Blessings Terri

55. I am excited, this is my first time doing a Women’s Bible Study on the internet, and meeting more Godly women with whom to share God’s love. I think in today’s society, we have over used the word “love” and have watered down it’s true meaning. What stuck out with today’s video was being able to climb into God’s arms because we can, maybe even expected of us by our Father! We can’t receive the love unless we go to the source. I am excited about the time with this study where I can climb into God’s arms for a warm embrace and actually feel the love instead of trying to make it on my own.

56. I’m so excited that this study has finally started! I’ve really been looking forward to it! I’ve struggled every since I can remember with truly accepting God’s love for me. I’ve always understood that God loves “everyone” , but accepting that He loves me individually, that’s been much harder. I think it’s been hard for me to believe that God loves me because I’ve always had a very low self-esteem and felt very bad about myself. Already in this first week I’ve really really felt a difference. Chapter one was incredible, as a mother I really related. And since this is my first time going through a Bible Study with Good Morning Girls, I’m just learning how to S.O.A.P. I have to I have learned so much from scripture this wee from the daily reading and S.O.A.P scriptures.

57. This is my very first Bible study with GMG and my very first try at studying using the SOAP method and I have to say, I am ADORING it!

I am a little behind (on Day 4 of Week One) due to some health complications – I was hospitalised this past week for 5 days and spent most of those days not able to see clearly – so I tried to put aside my fear and worry that my sight would be damaged permanently, or that the infection would spread somewhere deeper and spent a lot of time in prayer. I thought to myself about how I was supposed to be starting this study and was upset that I would be behind before I’d even started…and then I felt as though God had given me this time to pray over the study, to truly take something away from it, to get away from the feeling of being worthless and not loved, to truly understand the love of my Heavenly Father.

My sight came back and is slowly getting better, I still have infection around my eyes and deep in the sinus region but I am home and able to use my eyes for about 15 minutes at a time before they start to hurt. I’ve been overwhelmed with praise since!

I think I struggle to believe I am wholy loved because I struggle with loving myself – I have learned to trust Him more in the last 2 years but covet a relationship with my Father where I know without a doubt that I am loved, that I know without a doubt that He is there for ME!

58. Hello there, I’m a new web developer just starting out and I’m in need
    of a portfolio. Are you looking for a website design at no cost?

1. […] Hoy te quiero presentar a mi querida amiga y mentora, Sally Clarkson. Sally es una de esas mujeres con la que después de pasar un rato te inspira a conocer más a Jesús. La sabiduría fluye a través de ella y por esta razón quiero que la conozcas a través de sus palabras (el artículo original va acompañado por un video de Ángela y Sally en inglés que puedes ver en este enlace – http://www.goodmorninggirls.org/2014/06/loved-week-1-lets-get-started/ […]

2. […] My take-aways from week 1 of You are Loved: […]

3. […] take-aways from week 2 of You are Loved:   I looked back last night over the verses from this week, and was really struck by God’s […]

4. […] 1- He Calls Us Beloved Monday- Let’s Get Started Wednesday- You Are Not Alone Friday-We Are […]

5. […] 1- He Calls Us Beloved Monday- Let’s Get Started Wednesday- You Are Not Alone Friday-We Are […]

6. […] 1- He Calls Us Beloved Monday- Let’s Get Started Wednesday- You Are Not Alone Friday-We Are […]

7. […] 1- He Calls Us Beloved Monday- Let’s Get Started Wednesday- You Are Not Alone Friday-We Are […]

8. […] 1- He Calls Us Beloved Monday- Let’s Get Started Wednesday- You Are Not Alone Friday-We Are […]

9. […] 1- He Calls Us Beloved Monday- Let’s Get Started Wednesday- You Are Not Alone Friday-We Are […]

10. […] 1- He Calls Us Beloved Monday- Let’s Get Started Wednesday- You Are Not Alone Friday-We Are […]

11. […] 1- He Calls Us Beloved Monday- Let’s Get Started Wednesday- You Are Not Alone Friday-We Are […]

12. […] 1- He Calls Us Beloved Monday- Let’s Get Started Wednesday- You Are Not Alone Friday-We Are […]