A Time For Change

flowers in the snow

Today is a sad day for me as it is my final day to write here at Good Morning Girls.  This ministry has been so very close to my heart since its birth so many years ago.  It is hard to say good bye.  I have told the story in the past of how Good Morning Girls began  and never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined how it would grow and grow and grow.

Our God is alive and at work here at GMG!  I love the hunger and thirst you all have for His word!!!

I LOVE you guys! {I write this with tears in my eyes friends}  I truly deeply love you all.

It seems in my life that I go in cycles of feeling overwhelmed and then overcoming…then feeling overwhelmed –then overcoming.  I so long to be strong and capable and able to manage all that is on my plate –but like the spring flowers here in Ohio this week that got covered in snow…things happen.

The margins of my life have been very slim and as a result when I am overwhelmed, I find it hard to do anything well.  I struggle with being the wife, mom, sister, friend, and writer  that I long to be and at the end of the day –this troubles me.

As I look at these spring flowers – covered in snow…they display how I feel right now in life.  How I long to bloom where I’m planted but where I’m planted has much stress.  I sense God moving me on from this ministry at GMG.

Angela, Jennifer and Whitney are talented and godly writers and the ministry teams here are amazing!  I know with Angela at the lead, this ministry goes on strong and God has great things for you all here.

I love these girls!

GMGs

Angela, Whitney, Jennifer, Courtney

And so it is with great joy that I close out my ministry here with this strong passage in Romans 6:8-14…

Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13 Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. 14 For sin shall no longer be your master,because you are not under the law, but under grace.

What a powerful passage of scripture!  We are dead to sin and alive in Christ!

Hallelujah!

Do not let sin reign in your life.

Put to death your sinful desires and overcome!

Offer every part of yourself to God as an instrument of righteousness!

THAT

- that is my final word for you – my dear GMGs.

And remember – overcoming will not always look like an earthly victory.  Sometimes, it’s in the stillness of the morning when God moves in your heart to do something new that we simply surrender and obey, even when we don’t know where He is taking us. Even when the thing He is asking us to let go of is good. Even when it breaks our heart to let people down.  We obey – because we are His.

Chime In:

Is it time for a change in your life?  Is there something God is asking you to step away from?

It may be a sin that you have clung to or it may be something good, that you sense is complete.

During this Holy Week, I encourage you to pause and really listen to your creator.  Is it time for a change?  Move on.

I love you all so very much.

Walk With the King,

Courtney, WomenLivingWell.org

Comments

1. Oh, Courtney! I understand. God has used you in so many ways. I remember that I first heard of GMG from your blog and I did the James study. You will always be a part of GMG and we thank you for the many faithful hours you have put into this ministry both on and off screen. You will be missed, but you are loved and we know you are always somewhere close. Sweet blessings as you follow God’s leading.

• Shonda – wow – since the James study! We were green back then. So much time has passed and God has been so faithful here. Thank you for journeying beside us all that way! I will miss you all.
      Lots of Love,
      Courtney

• lynda jayne says:

I also remember the James study and when GMGs first started to come together. It has been such a wonderful ministry and has brought me to an understanding of how important a relationship with God is, through studying of His word. I’m so grateful that you have been obedient to share your heart, Courtney, and you will forever be a GMG!!!! xoxo

2. Julie Gerkey says:

Courtney, my heart breaks for you, yet I rejoice with you as well. It is obvious the love you have for God and His Word, for GMG, and for sharing our Lord with women and people everywhere. Thank you for the many ways you have ministered to me and all the women here. I know, too, how difficult it is to step away from a ministry and service you love. And I also know how God comforts and blesses the heart when we are obedient in following Him. May His blessings abound, and may your heart be full!

3. Courtney, you are so beautiful!
    I have been tremendously encouraged by your example. Not only today, but every time you share here or on your blog.
    May you know God’s richest blessings as you fulfil your calling in Christ Jesus.
    Truly we are all more blessed because of your ministry.

4. “And remember – overcoming will not always look like an earthly victory. Sometimes, it’s in the stillness of the morning when God moves in your heart to do something new that we simply surrender and obey, even when we don’t know where He is taking us. Even when the thing He is asking us to let go of is good. Even when it breaks our heart to let people down. We obey – because we are His.”

Ohhhh, Courtney… Beautiful, beautiful words, and an even more beautiful heart. It’s very early in the morning here, and my house is still quiet. As I let your sweet words sink in, I beg God to help me to be brave too – to simply surrender and obey, even when I don’t know where He is taking me.

You are SO loved here, always. <3 Thank you for the countless, generous ways you have poured into GMG, and into my life.

5. Dear Courtney,
    I fully understand your decision. Me too, have the last couple of weeks sensed the feeling that God wants me to do something else. God has asked me to let go of several things. And it is good. I wish you all the best and I will follow your blog on women living well. Have a happy Easter. Lot’s of love from me on the other side of the ocean. Yvonne.

6. Love you, CJ!!!

Clare

7. May God bless you, I am fairly new to GMG, but it has changed my life and I’m more calm. Lol God is good!

8. jackie s says:

Courtney,
    You have blessed my heart (on the radio, on the blog, during the Bible studies…). I hope to meet you some day (i’m in orrville!). It saddens me that you’re leaving GMG, though that is my own personal, selfish sadness. I am also excited for you – for it sounds like you’ve reassessed where God wants you (if only for a short time) and I am hopeful that you will continue to serve God wherever you are:)

9. I’m new to GMG and it has been such a blessing! I wish you the best of luck wherever the Lord leads you. It takes great faith and courage to leave something you love that is good, and may God richly bless you for your obedience to Him!

I am sensing change in my own life and it’s been going on for a while now. For so long, as a Christian, I’ve lived in fear of living (if that makes sense). The Lord has been working on me to finally let it go. He’s doing it all through a very trying illness of all things. What better way to let go of fear than by trusting Him with my health!? It’s time for real, lasting change. It’s time to walk in His power. Amen & hallelujah!

10. Sweet Courtney, You have been such a blessing to me in the short time I have been a part of the GMG community. Thank you taking the time to listen to God and share that wisdom here. You’re beautiful inside and out and will be missed.

This morning’s message really pulled on my heart strings. My husband and I are currently going through a change. Sometimes we doubt because 1) we DONT know exactly what the end result will be and 2) because we ARE leaving something good. It’s absolutely terrifying one moment, and thrilling the next. But I was reassured this morning that we ARE being obedient and we can be confident in that. So thank you!

11. God Bless you in this next stage of life. It is so fun to watch where our Lord takes us and to make changes. In the changes we grow. I have grown from this bible study and from your messages. Thank you! Now GO GET THEM!!!

12. You will be missed. Sorry to see you go. I pray that your next journey will be just as awesome if not more than while you were here. I hope that you will check in every now and again and let us know how God is using you and all your adventures. May God keep you and bless you.

13. CJ Walker says:

This ministry has changed my life. I have a more fluid relationship with God and have a better understanding of His word and my role as a wife and mother. It has not been easy and had backslidden at times, but I continue to pick myself back up and keep going. I pray that God continues to bless you and your family on your next journey. Thank you for sharing your life and love for the King with us.

14. God has been speaking in my heart to hand something over to Him and surrender and trust in His will. I asked Him for a sign, for Him to show me that this is absolutely His will and I knew it was when I read this post in my Inbox this morning.
    Courtney, you have been such a blessing to me through both GMG and Women Living Well and I wish you all the best, and I thank you for the work you have done for the Kingdom through GMG!

Dolly

15. Oh Courtney you will be missed. It’s funny how I was headed to my blog to write a post so similar…about overcoming anyway! But I stopped by here first! It did me well!

16. Oh my! I have tears in my eyes for you!! God has blessed your ministry and used you so mightily through GMG! I love your heart and how in-tune you are with God’s Will in your life. You love Him above all else and that is so apparent. Whatever it is God has you doing or wherever He takes you, I’ll be cheering you on, Courtney!! Xoxo

17. Tonya Wiseman says:

Courtney, you have been such a blessing to me and my family. I had been praying for years to be a better wife, mother, friend and follower of Christ. I just couldn’t seem to make any changes that lasted. Then I stumbled across a GMG FB post. I joined the group in time for the Thanksgiving study this past fall. Since then, I have completed all of the new studies and even a few older ones on my own. Through GMG’s, I met you and of course navigated on over to WLW. I bought your book in January and even began the book study with you all. I will admit, I have not completed your book. However I am working on it. Instead of reading straight through the book, I am pairing that with my bible and slowly implementing the changes in my life. Once I am satisfied a change has been solidified in my foundation, I move on. I also took your advice and bought a copy of Intimate Issues. These two books, WLW and II’s should be gifted to every new bride!

Since studying my Bible with you, I have never in my life felt closer to God and my savior Jesus Christ! In all of the years of going to church, attending bible study classes, and teaching VBS combined, I never learned as much from the Bible as I have the past 6 months! I actually understand the Scriptures and LOVE diving deeper!

Thanks to all of the contributors at GMG and especially you, Courtney at WLW, I am finally making the positive changes in my life that are visibly evident to my husband, children, family, and friends. Changes that reflect Jesus Christ! Real, everlasting changes that are shaping me into a better wife, mother and friend. These are the changes I prayed God would help me make. And God led me to you…… Thank you.

18. Kari adams says:

Courtney thank you for sharing your heart and being so vulnerable! I was just praying for you yesterday, for protection from spiritual warfare. I am hopeful for the things God wants to continue to do with you. Thank you for all of your encouragement. To add, your book women living well was such a needed lift to me out of a dark time, that God has impressed upon my heart to start a book club with the resources to encourage other moms who may be in. The same spot. May you find refreshment and rest with Him and be encouraged. You are beautiful inside and out! Thank you for sharing His beauty with all of us. Know He is the producer of much fruit from your faithfulness!

19. HEATHER RUBINO says:

God bless you! Thank you so much for all that you have given. I only started last year after following GMG on Facebook and it has been an amazing source of hope and happiness for me. I have always believed, but didn’t dig in to the scripture. It was amazing how praying and reading the bible with GMG made my life so much better. I started talking to God about things that needed to happen in me and in my life. And immediately after I started digging in, the Lord blessed me with a completely new path in my career, coincidentally the exact path I wanted to take but always thought I wasn’t good enough for. I tell you this just so you know that you had a part in all that. You personally, and the other girls as well, had a part in my revival as a Christian and in the betterment of my life. You are amazing and I thank you so very much.

20. Karen Anderson says:

God bless you!

21. Courtney-
    Finding & following your blog is what led me to GMG! Thank you and may Gid bless you richly! ❤️

22. Stephanie V. says:

Courtney, thank you for all your time to this ministry! I have done several studies with you guys and have grown tremendously with each one. It has been an honor to be able to participate in each study. Thank you for being a faithful servant and sharing the wisdom God has given you of His word with all of us. May you be blessed in all you do now and in all your tomorrow’s. You will be missed! And you will be prayed for!

23. Patricia says:

Courtney, you & this ministry ave been such a blessing to me!! Thank you for all that you have done for us! We will miss you, but I know God has many wonderful things planned for you!! I will pray for you as these changes take place in your life. Many blessings to you & your family.

24. Courtney, thank you for everything you have done. I’m fairly new to GMG, but it has changed my life! I’m so blessed! May God continue to bless you. I know he has great plans for you!

25. Courtney,
    I totally understand what you’re saying, and this is very timely for me because I too am where you are with feeling the winds of change in my life. My husband resigned as Pastor of our church, sensing his ministry here is complete. Our last day is Easter. We are moving to another town where we own a home, without jobs. Yet we know it’s the right thing. I too have sensed that my ministry as a GMG Leader and Leadership Encourager is complete and that my ‘career’ in nursing is complete as well. I have no idea where the Lord is taking me. Thanks for your courage. I have been following you on WLW and will continue to do so. You are in my prayers, and I ask for yours as well. <3
    Toni

26. Michelle says:

Dear Courtney,

As a very busy pastor’s wife, mother, and wife, I commend you for being open to God’s leading in prioritizing life and ministries. It is SO hard to say no to things, isn’t it? But God will help you as you simplify and are able to concentrate on the things that He has chosen for you. GMG has been a huge blessing in my life, and I am grateful for the time that God has shared you with us! Huge blessings to you and your family!

27. So sorry to read that you are moving on, but, am so happy that you have realized the need to do so. I struggle with saying “yes” to all that is put before me. I thirst for God’s word, so, I often say “yes” when I really should let someone else fill a role or participate in some way. There are times when I know I am not giving 100% because I am spread too thin in my activities. Thank you for your honesty. Thank you for this ministry. God Bless You. Hope to hear from you in the future in some new way that God has called you to glorify Him. :-) Blessings and hugs.

28. It goes without saying that you will be deeply missed, but we shouldn’t go without saying it. You will be deeply missed, Courtney! May God bless your obedience to His call and may you find peace as you walk with Him.

29. Wow, this is straight to my heart. I have been resisting the change that needs to happen in my life. It is time for me to put on my high boots and jump in, but really out. I have a feeling that you can understand that too. Thank you Courtney for giving me the courage to make the change, I wish out peace on your journey.

30. Dearest Courtney,
    I will miss you! You have been a great inspiration to me over the past year or so and I’ve enjoyed all your posts/blogs and e-mails. I love how you share with us your family, your ups and downs, making it so real, life. I wish you best of luck in your new direction and know you will be missed, but do what God is asking of you and He will bless you, greatly! I also have been resisting a new direction in my life. Maybe I can find the courage to let it go, and move on in another area. Thank you for your ministry, God Bless You!!!

31. I came to read your email from GMG not to long ago. And I am in Aww!! What do you mean you are leaving? I didn’t expect that what so ever! I just started my studies with GMG. I came across your homeschooling advice and videos on You tube, during my tough times of questioning if what I was doing was right. You made so much sense in all your videos, yours posts, and blogs. Which led me to sign up with GMG, I have done my 3rd study with GMG. We all know that God has a beautiful plan, and sometimes those plans are unexpected, and something we never would have thought to see coming. My heart is sadden to hear you go, but God has great plans for you and your family. I will hold you dear to my heart, I will miss your emails and recipes, and everything else in between. You and your family are blessed. And I thank you for the opportunity to be part of GMG. And thank you for being who you are in Christ. I pray that we can all have a connection and keep in touch, even if it is sprititual in prayer. To conclude, I will continue my walk with The Lord, with my husband, and my children and our homeschooling plans as long as God allows me too. I pray some day, I can be a leader like you in this ministry I am starting to love so dearly since December 2013. God bless you and the family always. I will have you in my prayers! XOXO

32. Courtney, thank you for sharing your heart with us for all these seasons of Bible study. Iron sharpens iron, and we will miss your insights here. Blessings to you and your family as you lean into God and grab hold of all that He has for you as you refine your focus. Much love and prayers.

33. I discovered Good Morning Girls at the beginning of the year and am so glad I did. I have also been focusing on Ecclesiastes 3 the last week about timing, so this post caught my eye. Thank you for sharing your heart with all of us! And I’m right there with you in understanding the “seasons” of Ohio, as I live here, too, and couldn’t believe the timing of the snow yesterday!

34. Thank you Courtney!! God’s abundant blessings to you!

35. Courtney, I gasped in surprise when I read this. I think you were the one who brought me over to Good Morning Girls a few years back and since then I’ve started an online GMG group of friends that have been together for going on 3 years. So thank you Courtney and God bless you in your strength and courage and obedience to leave GMG at God’s prompting. You are an inspiration because you are real and always demonstrate a passionate fire of love for God our Savior. Much love, Lisa

36. May God richly bless you in your obedience, love and devotion to him! You will be missed, you are a blessing and an encouragement. Surely there are shouts of joy and victory, he will be walking with you, lean on him in all your ways as you are doing, he will direct your paths. <3 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving in your heart. GMG is a blessing and a tool to draw hearts close to him, you have left a legacy. Thank you :)
    Psalm 118:14-16
    "The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous: "The LORD's right hand has done mighty things! The LORD's right hand is lifted high; the LORD's right hand has done mighty things!"

37. Courtney,

What a blessing you’ve been to so many. I’ve been leading (live and FB) GMG studies since 1 John maybe? We love you and will miss you. God bless you during this transition.

38. Dearest Courney, I so understand your story. You will be greatly missed. Obedience brings blessings, with that being said God Bless You abundantly in all that you do! You have blessed me & changed me in areas of my life! Thank you! Hugs & Love. Looking to Jesus Carol XO

39. KellyK(@RNCCRN9706) says:

Courtney,
    We will miss you here at GMG but glad to know that you’ll still be blogging at Women Living Well! If you ever gave that up well, I’d just have to move and be your neighbor ;)

40. I am so proud of you! You are truly listening to God and are doing the right thing. I am also in the same boat. It’s good to know I am not the only one who feels overwhelming all the time. I have not been a member long, but will remember all you have accomplished. Good luck in all you do. Remember Jesus walks with you.

41. I pray u r continuing with ur blog and i hope u r writing another book.

42. Thank you, Courtney!! You have bettered my life over the past few years, following along GMGs, your book, Women Living Well… there is no doubt the Lord knows his plan for you and is redirecting you for an even greater good. Good for you for listening! Thank you again!!

43. Andrea M. says:

Thank you for your faithful ministry to Him and to all of us! May God bless you richly as you continue to follow the call He has on your life. Much love to you and your family! <3

44. Lori Edgington says:

I wish you God’s richest blessings, Courtney, as you are led by Him. Thank you for all your messages.

45. Yolanda Acevedo says:

Dear Sister in Christ,
    I understand your position completely, been there, done that! But God is so good, and He is able! Life is all about season’s and God’s perfect timing. Romans 8:28 reads, “And we know that for those who love God [ALL] things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose.”

How about your heavy heart in exchange for God’s strength? Again, He is able!
    He knows you, He knows everything about you, He made you. Jeremiah 29:11 reads, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”

Do not be moved by what you see, or the circumstances around you. 2 Corinthians 4:18 reads, “So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. God is always willing and able to move His people forward. You are being sifted, molded and polished. Embrace it, and sister run with it! Continue to do what you are doing that is to listen and obey. It’s going to be okay!

So, keep your eyes on the prize!

In His Presence,
    Yolanda

46. Thank you, Courtney, for your thoughtful, inspiring and honest messages. Clearly, you will be missed, but I’m sure God will continue to use you to bless others, both on your own site and elsewhere. Go in love and peace.

47. Courtney, You have touched so many lives through GMG. Thank you for giving so much of yourself to us. Many blessings to you and your family.

48. Thank you, Courtney for your service here! Our whole Bible study group has been encouraged by your work!

49. lauren robles says:

Courtney,
    You will be missed. May God bless you.

1. […] then there were sad goodbyes over at GoodMorningGirls.org when I shared I will no longer be a part of the writing team.  It is a ministry I will miss deeply […]