Why Easter Matters {Week 1} ~ Nothing But the Blood…

Banner week 1

Good Morning Girls… it’s finally HERE!!!!

This week marks the beginning of our {Why Easter Matters} study, and we honestly couldn’t be more thrilled that you’re sharing this space with us!  Welcome back to those of you who have been part of the Good Morning Girls community for a long time, and a special warm welcome to you new faces out there… oooohhh, God is so good to unite our hearts in His Word for this time!

The Easter season falls on a beautiful time of year here in the Midwest.  Springtime is upon us, and the earth is transitioning from death to life.  The hard, frozen ground is finally thawing from Winter’s sleep, and the first buds of new life are beginning to break through. Days are getting longer, I’m waking up to birds singing instead of snow shovels scraping, and soon soft colors will replace dull, dead branches. And as crazy as it sounds, this little change in the weather brings renewed hope after death had overtaken for so long.

As I sit here with my Bible open and my coffee close by, I know full well that you didn’t come here to talk about the weather.

But I hope you did come here to talk about new life.

Because as unpredictable as the weather - and this world- can be, the new life that is available through Jesus is quite the other extreme:

Complete.

Consistent.

Unfailing.

Abundant.

Sure.

Like many of you, I’ve watched the news and I’ve read the headlines this week. And yes, like you, I’ve fought worldly battles and temptations, and I’ve longingly searched for small signs of hope in stagnant places.

And as I’ve gone to God’s Word for help and hope, He has refreshed my heart again with this truth: apart from Jesus we are deader than the longest winter: incomplete, inconsistent, and longing for a hope that neither all of our valiant efforts nor this world can provide.

This… is why Easter matters.

What, then, can make us alive?

Nothing but the blood of Jesus…

{If you’re unable to see this video, you can view it here.}

What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Oh, precious is the flow that makes me white as snow.

No other fount I know; nothing but the blood of Jesus.

~ Robert Lowry

At His Feet,

{Week 1} Challenge: Make a list of things in your life that you’re tempted to rely on other than Jesus. Every day this week take time to pray over your list, asking God to help you place your full dependence and trust in Christ alone.

{Week 1} Memory Verse:

MemoryVerse-01

{Week 1} Reading Plan:

Week 1 Reading Plan

Comments

1. Is this study not on You Version?

2. I haven’t been getting the emails delivered anymore. I have re-subscribed and it has also told me I am already subscribed. Just wondering if anyone knows why this is happening? Also, I can’t find where to print the material since it isn’t getting emailed to me. Help! I want to start this study!

• Ohhh Bethany!!

So very sorry to hear this! Please email me at LoveGodGreatly@gmail.com and I’ll send you the files!:) Thanks so much for joining us!:)

• Bethany, I was actually having the same problem! I got them forever then saw I wasnt getting them…so I checked my spam folder and there they all were! Have you checked there?

• Oh my goodness, why didn’t I think of that before? I just checked my junk mail and yes all the emails are there! Thank you so much Beth!! I think if I put good morning girls email in my address book it should get sent to my regular mail. Thank you Angela, but I guess I won’t be needing you to email them to me after all.

3. I’m very excited about this study!!! I have been receiving my emails but I can’t seem to find the link at the bottom of the page to print off the materials needed for this study. I have subscribed to GMG but still I don’t see a link. Help! Thanks!!

4. Is there a YouVersion for this study? I have appreciated that availability of the study in that format for easability in transporting anywhere….
    Thanks,

• sorry…just saw the previous post on this….

• Yes we will have it and I’m praying by today….YouVersion has been inundated with reading plans lately and it’s just taking a little longer than normal. :) Thanks so much for your patience and I’ll let you know as soon as it goes live!:)

5. Another person who can’t locate YouVersion study. I went through the app and searched on the web site but can’t locate. Thanks for looking into this. :)

• Hello Deanna,
      We did submit the plans to be added to YouVersion, but we are at the mercy to them to get them added on time. If they have a backlog it’s out of our control. We pray that they will be up by Wednesday. ~Martha

6. Robin S. says:

Very excited to take part in this study! It’s my first one with GMG, and I was enlightened by it this morning. I want the blood of the LAMB of GOD to protect my family and our home…and I know I need to “keep the feast” by living accordingly. I look forward to the rest of the study! God bless!

7. Denise Ross says:

Loved these first two readings.
    Two pints from 30 March reading exodus 12:1-14 soap v13
    The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are; and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.
    Observations
    1: the blood will be a sign for you
    2: when I see the blood I will pass over you

Applications
    1: the blood of Christ – the gift of grace, and eternal life, my sins paid for in full
    , such a high price tag and yet He was willing and the only one able to do this
    2: when I see the blood I will pass over, God the Father can now look on me and I can have a living eternal relationship with Him, because of Jesus blood covering my sins
    And because of both of this God has promised that. toning destructive will touch me.
    prayer: Lord Jesus thank you for dying on the cross for me and all who believe and accept your incredibly generous gift of eternity with you,. For forgiving my sins and covering them with your majestic blood so I can know the You, my Saviour, my God, my Friend.
    Thank you for all you’ve done for me in the past, all you are doing for me now, and all you will do for me in the future, keep on your path, so I might glorify your name and bring honor and glory to you all my days here on your splendid earth. Amen

• I too had “the blood will be a sign” as one of my observations, the application that I drew from it was this:
      Application: Prior to this final plague it would have been easy for someone to know who God’s chosen people were, the blood over the door frame was a visual sign. Today, the visible sign is our lives, how we live our lives, the fruit that we bear. Our acceptance of the Salvation provided through Christ’s sacrifice is the “blood over our door frames.”
      This is my first live GMG study and I am so excited to take part in it and interact with the other ladies, see what we each get out of each scripture, and grow from others’ insights as well as our own. Thank you so much!

• Beautiful Denise, thank you for sharing your wonderful SOAP with us! ~Martha

• SaraCulbreath says:

This is beautiful Denise and Kirsten. Thank you for sharing! I pray each of us let our lights shine for His glory in this dark world! Sara

8. Hi…new here…what’s SOAP?

• Hi Ann!! Welcome! This is an amazing community of godly women- loving Jesus together. I’m glad you’re here. I went and copied the SOAP description from GMG reading plan… here’s what SOAP means (it’s a form of journaling during your Bible time) It’s changed my quiet time and I’ve grown so much in the Word using this method. Enjoy!! :)
      S – stands for Scripture- Physically write out the scripture and you’ll be amazed at what God will reveal to you just by taking the time to slow down and write out what you are reading!
      O – stands for Observation- What do you observe in the verses that you’re reading? Who is the audience? Is there a repetition of words? What words stand out to you?
      A – stands for Application- This is when God’s Word becomes personal. What is God saying to me today? How can I apply what I just read to my own personal life? What changes do I need to make? Is there an action that I need to take?
      P – stands for Prayer- Pray God’s Word back to Him. If He has revealed something to you during this time in His Word, pray about it. Confess if He has revealed some sin that is in your life.

Ashley-

• Ann,
      If you would like to see one wrote out using scripture, check out our blog post on how to SOAP in your quiet time.

9. It’s a beautiful, refreshing truth to know that death isn’t the end. Thank you for sharing this sweet message. I’m excited for this study.

Ashley

10. Londa Kreienkamp says:

Hi
    First study here…ver excited

11. I was excited before but after reading the email this morning, I feel like I’m going to burst with excitement! This is going to be a great study.

12. This is going to be our family weekly Bible study for the next few weeks. Kids have their bookmarks all laminated and ready to go. Thanks so much for all the work you’ve done on this!

13. Hello, I have done several studies in the past, this time in not getting any emails? I have checked all the spam and junk folders and checked with feed burner, I’m not sure where to go from here. I would love to join this study! Thank you for and help you can offer.

• Hello Mandy,
      We can help you – get your materials! Since you are subscribed – you can grab your free materials through our Feeds link: http://feeds.feedburner.com/GoodMorningGirls
      They will be at the bottom of each blog post for you to download. If you are using a gmail account – please check your promotions tab – sometimes our emails go there. We’ve had some ladies do a search within their mailer and found the emails that in a hidden folder. But the link provided above should work for you. ~Martha

14. First study here, but I’ve been following the blog for a while now – this Easter study came just at the right time and I couldn’t be more thrilled to embark on this journey wholeheartedly and learn more about our God in this Easter season!

15. This is my 2nd study with you & Love you all! Thank you for all you do, keeping us in Gods word daily!!
    Blood of Jesus. Yes! Accountability.

16. Hello everyone:

I am so happy this study have started. This will be my second study with you and when the first one finish I felt so sad and happy at the same time. Happy because i actually committed to finish and i have accomplish that but sad because it as my first time starting to read the bible and i did know how to continue, so when there was nothing this two weeks i felt so lost and did try to read the bible but sadly felt so lost. Do you have any suggestions of what i could do when this study is finish and i could continue doing a study until there is another one available?
    But I am surely happy that we have started a new one, I feel totally new, refresh and ready to start my new adventure on getting to know God more and been able to teach my kids as i learn too.
    I have read in the other comments about “You Version” what is that? since I am new not really familiar with all that there is out there.

Thank you again and God bless all of you in this new beginning of our life’s.
    Fam

• Hello Fam,
      On our breaks (between studies), some ladies go to our past studies – listed above in the menu bar – the free materials are there for you to download and you can actively stay in the word using one of those studies. ~Martha

• Thank you Martha that helps me a lot and will help me in not feeling lost between studies.

Thanks again

17. A friend shared your study on Facebook this morning and it was an answer to prayer that I have had – wanting to connect with a community of believers and be focused in my studies. God is so good! New here and so excited to get started!

Reading comments, it seems that some are experiencing difficulties in accessing materials, so I shall watch and be patient that everything will fall into place. Abundant blessings to one and all as we embark on this journey together!

18. So excited for this study!! So looking forward to it, we have several new sisters joining us {6 to be exact} so 9 all together!! Thank you soo much Angela and crew for all you do in helping us draw closer to God. Can’t wait for youversion to come on..praying for speedy approval and application

Adrienne
    @ http://www.reina4jesus.blogspot.com

19. My thoughts after reading this passage is how Jesus’ blood is placed on us for the remission of sins when we believe on Him and how it is importamt to take the Lord’s supper in remeberance and worship just as the Israelites took the passover feast.

20. Barbara Pricola says:

I subscribed to your blog and I responded to the email confirming, but I did not get an email from you and I, therefore, don’t have any of the materials. My small group study is beginning in under an hour. Help!!

21. sara Culbreath says:

This is my first study. I have followed the blog for some time. Are there accountabillity groups that one might join? If so, how do the accountability groups work? Thanks so much!!! I am so excited to get started.

• Sara,
      Glad you are here with us. We do have accountability groups but currently not adding members this time around (short study). If you are in a group – you would log into your group each day and share your SOAP with the group and join in conversation on the day’s study. We ware building a faithful community of women here on the blog too — please keep coming back on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and join in here with us as we share about the scriptures each week. ~Martha

• SaraCulbreath says:

Thank you Martha for your reply. I will definitely be coming to the blog!!!! I am loving it so far and looking forward to how God will use this in my life as well as the life of others.

22. Great reading in Exodus.

My observation: the significance of what the Blood represents for us. This is a covenant of covering; no harm for God’s servants.

23. KellyK(@RNCCRN9706) says:

Great video Whitney!

I just wanted to say…God transformed me. The last part of your video…really resonated with me & brought me to tears. He saved me from kidney cancer. It was caught early enough that I didn’t need any further treatment other than having my kidney removed. At the end of April, it’ll have been 2 years. ON my son’s birthday to be exact :) Spring. New beginnings. New life.

24. Hello ladies, this is my first group study… 2 wks ago I did the Thanksgiving study… it has open my mind and heart. I also invited my sister-inlaw to join me in this study. So ready for this…

25. I’m new to GMG and I have been blessed already, just two days into this study! I can’t wait to see where this study will lead; for sure a closer and deeper look into Easter! I”m so ready for my heart to be filled! Thank you so much for this ministry!

26. This is my first time joining GMG. My daughter that lives in a different city brought it to my attention. I would like to know what YouVersion is. I thought it was an app and when searching apps a Bible I already have on my Ipad comes up. I have all my materials printed and excited to get started. This is helpful for me since I work and it makes studying easier! Thank you all of you for what you do!

27. I haven’t gotten an email.
    Thanks

28. sheila payne says:

This is a celebration I have never marked with family or friends. I am not Jewish so how do you celebrate Passover if you are not Jewish? What do you ladies do to mark this day as special in your lives?

29. Hi!! I’m brand new to GMG and I’m so excited to jump in! I started the “Why Easter Matters” and I’m already enjoying it. I’m a little confused though. When trying to look how to join a group it says they are closed/full. I know that accountability is a big part of this as well as having people to discuss what your reading/learning etc but I’m not sure where to do that if all the groups are full :)

• SaraCulbreath says:

Larissa….I am new too, but Martha responded to my post earlier today. They are not doing groups this time since the study is only 4 weeks. She advised me to follow the blog closely on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Hope this helps……Sara

• Larissa,
      As Sara said, on our short studies (4 weeks or less) we don’t enroll or add members to groups and ask them to follow along here or on our Facebook page. When Summer comes, it’s a larger study, we will offer enrollment and adding members to groups. If you stick with us, join us again and then join a private group, you basically will stay in that group through our next studies that follow. For example: My ladies in my group have been with me for 2 years. I pray that you join in here and enjoy the fellowship, share your SOAP or thoughts. ~Martha

30. Stephanie says:

This is my first GMG study, and my first structured Bible study! I’m new at everything :) I am looking forward to learning how to S.O.A.P. and to read all of the comments to help me along!

31. Chris Kohler says:

Thank you for an awesome study. I love that I can dig into a passage. I also love to see what others are understanding; it helps me a lot! Thank you!

32. Amazing while reading the entire passage and how detailed it was with what you were to do with the animal and how to eat it, even with your shirt tail tucked in. Fascinating.
    O – The blood is visible for ALL to see. Nothing can harm us when we are covered with the blood.
    A – Claim the blood of Christ as my covering … DAILY.
    P – Father, thank you so much for the blood that you shed, it was something that I couldn’t have done for so many reasons. You cover us, protect us and care for us. May be always be greatful for that!

33. I know I’ve accepted Christ in my life, but I don’t live every day as though others can “see the blood” on my doorpost. If that’s the case- why was the sacrifice made?! I need to live every moment as though the blood of the sacrifice MEANS SOMETHING TO ME!!!

I’m new to the GMG community and I am so excited to be in time for this study. I have really been challenged recently to know and understand my beliefs and what I am reading in the bible, so I am thankful for a way to dig deeper, especially with a group of like minded women. I find I learn so much better in the company of others when we can share our thoughts and findings. I may notice something, but you may find something completely different that I never would’ve seen! I LOVE THAT! The body coming together to learn from each other. Blessings to each of you on your journey! And I encourage you, no matter how “small” you think your findings are- please share! We are longing to learn from you!

• Beautifully said, Amanda!

• Amanda, I am so blessed to be in the company of this community as well. I am new too and am finding that this daily reading and pondering and praying is drawing me closer to the One Who saved us from ourselves.
      Your words really hit me and mean a whole lot to me as well: “I know I’ve accepted Christ in my life, but I don’t live every day as though others can “see the blood” on my doorpost. If that’s the case- why was the sacrifice made?! I need to live every moment as though the blood of the sacrifice MEANS SOMETHING TO ME!!!” Beautifully said.
      May your weekend be filled with the blessings of God.
      Caring through Christ, ~ linda

34. Pls tell me what SOAP means.

35. Tiffany Blackwell says:

I love all of the Good Morning Girls contributors! Thank you Whitney for being such a blessing to all of us. You are such a sincere writer and I love reading your posts and hearing you speak on the you tube videos! Thank you for having such a sweet heart for God’s girls! :)

36. Donna Vaughn says:

I forgot my leader password. Could you please send it to me via email? Or can I reset it?
    Thanks!

37. Thanks so much for praying for me and talking to me about health. Yes, I felt you were speaking directly to me. I will continue to glorify God through my health issues. Thank you for encouraging me.

38. I am so grateful to be a part of this study. I needed to be here and needed to read these words of God right now. This is a strong reminder that I must and desire to walk daily with Jesus. I feel so very blessed.

I am linking up my blog post about this first week @ Being Woven ~ http://beingwoven.org/2014/04/03/why-easter-matters-week-one/

Caring through Christ, ~ linda

39. CYNTHIA says:

Hello! I just saw this study. Wish I had seen it sooner!
    Anyway, I have a question. I saw people commenting about YouVersion. Can someone tell me what this is?
    Thank you in advance!

40. Do the blog leaders post their observations and applications anywhere?

41. Hello, this is my first study. I am so so blessed and I God for his Blood.

42. I used to be recommended this website by means of my cousin.

I’m no longer positive whether or not this submit is
    written by way of him as nobody else recognize
    such distinctive about my difficulty. You’re incredible!
    Thank you!

1. […] also taken up the challenge of having a daily devotional! Started on Why Easter Matters from the lovely people at Good Morning Girls. It’s been awhile since I’ve had a time […]

2. […] 1: Why the Last Supper Matters Monday: Nothing But the Blood… Wednesday: When You’re Just Plain Tired of the Sacrifice… Friday: Why the Last Supper […]

3. […] 1: Why the Last Supper Matters Monday: Nothing But the Blood… Wednesday: When You’re Just Plain Tired of the Sacrifice… Friday: Why the Last Supper Matters […]