Lately I’ve been praying big…..dreaming big…..and putting myself out there.
You see I DO NOT LIKE to ask for money.
I hate it.
It gets me nervous and squirmish……..and I can think of a thousand other things I’d rather do than ask someone to give…..
But then I see their faces and hear of their need.
I think of the mothers as I give my children their baths at night.
I think of them as I give my girls clean water to drink at lunch and dinner time.
I think of them as I remind my daughters to turn off their running water as they brush their teeth…because their need is constantly on my mind.
Their unfortunate circumstance reminds me to be more appreciative of mine.
In the physical and spiritual sense it’s the difference between life and death.
Physical water gives life just like the “Living Water” gives life, salvation….hope.
And so this is where you find me. Asking for those who do not have a voice. Being the voice of the silent ones, who live in a country none of us may ever visit….but does that even matter?
I read in Matthew 25: 35 to give to those who are thirsty and because of their desperate need, their desperate thirst, I’m willing to go out of my comfort zone……….and ask, how many moms, how many children, how many families can you help this Christmas?
Our Christmas challenge has been to give the gift of water…….1 dollar gives the gift of water for 1 year for 1 individual. How many lives can you impact?
Today I was contacted by a VERY generous Good Morning Girl leader and her husband who have agreed to MATCH the remaining money we need to raise to reach our goal of 10,000!!! So far we have raised $6,700…..we have 10 more days to go…..WE CAN DO THIS!!!
In light of Friday’s tragedy, I’ve been thinking a lot about overcoming……and I’m reminded of Romans 12:21.
“Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.”
When we put others before ourselves. Their needs before our wants…….we love those we have never met…….we become Jesus’s hands and feet and we love well… we love like Jesus. And when we love like Jesus, we are able to overcome evil with good.
Please join me in praying what involvement you are being called to take in helping us provide clean water to the children, the mothers, the families of Liberia by overcoming the heartbreak that has taken place with the good that God can do through us.
Just think if all 17,000 Good Morning Girls donated 1 dollar…..an entire NATION could be changed!
In the words of our generous GMG Leader and her husband…..“Let’s get this done!”
It’s your move!
Love God Greatly!
How much does one well cost?
- ONE dollar gives ONE Liberian clean water for ONE year. How many people can you help?
- Purchase a water well for a community in Liberia for $3000. The average well serves 1000 people!
- Purchase a bio-sand water filter for one family in rural Liberia for $102. You can give an entire family clean water!
- Add The Last Well to your Christmas list.
- Talk with your family about The Last Well and give a family gift.
- Give up a Christmas gift(s) and instead donate the money to The Last Well.
- Invite your children to give up a Christmas gift(s) and donate the money to The Last Well.
- Have a “Happy Birthday Jesus” party with your friends and their kids. (I talk about this idea in our Advent eBook on page 40) Instead of having children bring gifts to donate, have them donate the money online and learn more about the need for clean water in Liberia, building awareness of how other children live around the world.
- Tell friends about THE LAST Well by sharing this graphic on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, informing more people of this wonderful organization and the great need of physical water and the “Living Water” in Liberia!
- PRAY! Pray God will use us mightily in this nation for HIS GLORY!
Please join us as we strive to make a difference in our generation for Christ by serving one of the poorest countries in the world. Imagine what 17,000 Good Morning Girls could do by giving just $10 each. We could provide clean water and the Gospel to thousands of Liberians, saving lives now and changing eternal destinies as well.
Please join us this Christmas and help change a nation in the name of Jesus, one water well at a time!