“God Is Love.” ~ I John 4:8
This week we begin Week 2!!! And it’s a fun week because we get to put our love into action!
In this video, I talk about “Random Acts of Kindness” and spreading the love of Jesus at Christmas! I also share a little more about the Jesus stocking (which you see in the above photo) but let me caution you. Do not feel like you have to do all of these ideas. We are giving many ideas here just so you have options. Pray over what is best for your family and your calendar. Christmas is a season to spread the love of Christ but it’s also a time when we make sure those inside our four walls also feel loved and tended to. Oh, it’s a tricky balance, being a wife and mother isn’t it! Follow the Spirit’s (and your husband’s) leading as you reach out in love.
(If you cannot see this video – click here)
For “Random Acts of Kindness” ideas check out the list in our ebook!
Another great resource I mentioned in the video is Courtney from LilLightOMine.com and her list of “100 Ways to Light Up Your Community with Kindness.” Pray over what fits your family best and then GO for it!!!!
Also, don’t forget – Good Morning Girls is trying to raise $10,000 to build wells in Liberia! Here’s the info on it again:
How much does one well cost?
- ONE dollar gives ONE Liberian clean water for ONE year. How many people can you help?
- Purchase a water well for a community in Liberia for $3000. The average well serves 1000 people!
- Purchase a bio-sand water filter for one family in rural Liberia for $102. You can give an entire family clean water!
How Can You Get Involved?
- Add The Last Well to your Christmas list.
- Talk with your family about The Last Well and give a family gift.
- Give up a Christmas gift(s) and instead donate the money to The Last Well.
- Invite your children to give up a Christmas gift(s) and donate the money to The Last Well.
- Have a “Happy Birthday Jesus” party with your friends and their kids. (I talk about this idea in our Advent eBook on page 40) Instead of having children bring gifts to donate, have them donate the money online and learn more about the need for clean water in Liberia, building awareness of how other children live around the world.
- Tell friends about THE LAST Well by sharing this graphic on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, informing more people of this wonderful organization and the great need of physical water and the “Living Water” in Liberia!
- PRAY! Pray God will use us mightily in this nation for HIS GLORY!
Please join us as we strive to make a difference in our generation for Christ by serving one of the poorest countries in the world.
“I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.”- Matthew 25:40
And I’m thrilled to share – we are almost half-way to our goal!!!
Way to go ladies – you are so amazing! Thank you to those who gave.
We pray that God will provide the rest.
Chime In: We’d love to hear what Random Acts of Kindness you are doing this year or what you have done in the past in the comment section – so please share!!!
Walk with the King!