God has a wonderful track record of using ordinary people to do extraordinary things.
I believe God is calling us to do something EXTRAORDINARY this Christmas! Today I’m inviting you to join Good Morning Girls and change an ENTIRE NATION in the name of Jesus!!! This Christmas I am issuing a very special Christmas Challenge, a chance to partner with us and help provide clean drinking water for millions of men, women and children who are without the very basics…..clean water!
For our Christmas Challenge we’ve decided to partner with THE LAST WELL, a Christian organization with a God-sized mission: To provide clean water to the entire nation of Liberia- border to border and share Jesus with every person they serve!!! So far, TLW has reached over 200,000 men, women and children in Liberia with water and the Gospel. Their goal: To reach every Liberian with water and the Gospel by the end of this decade! I believe we can help them meet this goal even FASTER and thereby help save more lives in the process!
I had the wonderful opportunity this week to meet with Todd Phillips, the founder of The Living Well, and talked with him briefly about his ministry and our Christmas Challenge!
Why this organization?
- It meets a basic need. Clean water. Men, women and children are dying because they don’t have the very basics…..clean water.
- Local men and women in the communities are trained how to dig, maintain and repair the wells that are created through this organization.
- The money we raise is MATCHED!
- We are able to track how much money has been raised through GoodMorningGirls from our own personal site! (Check it out)
- Jesus the “Living Water” is shared with the people in these communities as their need of physical water is met.
- It’s the first physical building block in helping a community become healthier. Everything else like health, food and livelihood builds upon it.
- Unsafe water is the world’s number one killer…..it kills more people every year than all forms of violence, including war!
- Of the thousands of people who die daily from this problem, 90% are children under the age of five. As a mom of 3 girls ages 6,5, and 1, I feel compelled to stand in the gap for these children and do something about this issue!
- The hard truth: These deaths are preventable….with access to clean water.
How much does one well cost?
- ONE dollar gives ONE Liberian clean water for ONE year. How many people can you help?
- Purchase a water well for a community in Liberia for $3000. The average well serves 1000 people!
- Purchase a bio-sand water filter for one family in rural Liberia for $102. You can give an entire family clean water!
- Add The Last Well to your Christmas list.
- Talk with your family about The Last Well and give a family gift.
- Give up a Christmas gift(s) and instead donate the money to The Last Well.
- Invite your children to give up a Christmas gift(s) and donate the money to The Last Well.
- Have a “Happy Birthday Jesus” party with your friends and their kids. (I talk about this idea in our Advent eBook on page 40) Instead of having children bring gifts to donate, have them donate the money online and learn more about the need for clean water in Liberia, building awareness of how other children live around the world.
- Tell friends about THE LAST Well by sharing this graphic on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, informing more people of this wonderful organization and the great need of physical water and the “Living Water” in Liberia!
- PRAY! Pray God will use us mightily in this nation for HIS GLORY!
Please join us as we strive to make a difference in our generation for Christ by serving one of the poorest countries in the world. Imagine what 16,000 Good Morning Girls could do by giving just $10 each. We could provide clean water and the Gospel to thousands of Liberians, saving lives now and changing eternal destinies as well.
Let’s be women who not only read God’s Word together, but CHANGE God’s World TOGETHER!!! I believe, we are here for “such a time as this!”
Please join us this Christmas and help change a nation in the name of Jesus, one water well at a time!
“I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.”- Matthew 25:40
Love God GREATLY!
Looking for information on our upcoming Advent study? Click here!