I’m sooooo excited to get our Colossians Bible Study started on Monday with ALL of you! We are having a record breaking turn-out this fall with over 11,000 women signed up! Woot! Just think what God can do with 11,000 women around the WORLD opening up their Bibles every morning and seeking HIM first!
What materials do I need?
1. A Bible
2. The Colossians Bookmark that is available at the bottom of every emailed post for blog subscribers. The Colossians bookmark is the S.O.A.P. reading plan we will be following these next 8 weeks. I always have mine printed out and in my Bible…….as a bookmark! I love to check off the verses as I read them!
3. The Colossians Study Guide- I personally like to print the study guide out each session and have it spiral bound at either Staples or OfficeMax. You can also use a 3 ringed binder or regular notebook to record your S.O.A.P. observations, applications and prayers. Do whatever works for you!
Not up for printing the study guide? Then try this resource! Check out: SOAPstudy.com
Find a spot:
Select a spot where you’re going to have your quiet time, that special time you share with God each morning, reading His Word and developing a deeper relationship with the creator of the universe.
Set a time:
Set a time when you’re going to have your quiet time. This depends on you and your life circumstances. For me personally, I like to get up before my family rises to have some time with my Lord, to pray over my day, my family and rest in His presence before the craziness of the day begins.
Make a goal:
Make it a goal to have a quiet time 5 days a week……rising before your family. You’ll be amazed at the difference this will make in how well your days run.
Don’t forget to give yourself grace too. Remember, our aim is not perfection, our aim is spending time in God’s Word. If you miss a day or two then make it a goal not to miss the next day! Work on developing this life changing habit….one morning at a time!
YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
Love God Greatly!
Here are the steps to be part of the fall study for Colossians:
1. Find a group (your own or use the message board) or you can study by yourself. http://
2. Sign up. We want to know who will be doing the study.http://
3. Subscribe to the blog. All the materials you will need will be attached to the emails. You also will get every lesson blog post directly to your inbox. When there is a blog post, you will get an email. http://feeds.feedburner.com/
4. Study begins September 17!!
For my blog subscribers, you’ll find ALL the GMG Colossians documents, including the translated documents, RIGHT HERE in your email or reader feed!