I LOVE that we are ending the last week of Proverbs with the London Olympics going on at the same time. I don’t about you but I have been staying up way to late each night watching these amazing athletes!!! I love watching them complete because they soooo inspire me! All their years of training is finally paying off. They are now able to compete against the greatest athletes in the world!
To complete in the Olympics a person must be:
1. Focused…….focused on their goal…..focused on the prize……the gold medal.
2. Disciplined…..willing to say “no” to the distractions in their life so that they can say “yes” to the exercise that will prepare them to win their prize.
3. A hard worker…..training their body…..pushing themselves till it hurts…..and then still giving more.
4. Far sighted….willing to look to the future and sacrifice in the present.
5. A dreamer……these athletes have dreamed of going to the Olympics for YEARS and that dream is what has driven them to work so hard and sacrifice so much.
As I’ve been watching these athletes compete…..and I can’t help but think about us. We have been on an amazing journey this past summer! I have been encouraged and challenged as I’ve studied the Proverbs 31 woman’s life.
When I envision the Proverbs 31 Woman……I see an Olympian!
The Proverbs 31 Woman was:
1. Focused…….focused on God, her husband, her family and her community.
2. Disciplined…..she got up early in the morning to prepare for her day…..she spent her money wisely and not frivolously……she was in control of her words instead of her words being in control of her.
3. A hard worker…..she was always busy tending to the needs of her family or the needs of others…..yet she made sure she had time to be in her family’s life by “watching over the affairs of her household.”
4. Far sighted……just like an Olympian…..she also was willing to look to the future “laughing at the days to come” and willingly sacrificed for her family in the present.
5. A dreamer….she dreamed of “running her race well”….glorifying her Lord in every aspect of her life……she lived her life focused on the “prize”.
The Proverbs 31 Woman lived her life in such a way that at the end…..when her family is all grown…..she is praised! She stands on the podium and her husband, her children and her community praise this wonderful, inspiring woman for living her life, “running her race” so well.
“Some has well said, ‘Our lives are made up of a single day repeated. What you are tomorrow, you are becoming today.’ My friend, our treasured Proverbs 31 woman didn’t become who she was overnight. What we are seeing in this wonderful day is the disciplined life of godly behavior repeated, day after day, that in time emerged as a life of magnificence…..EVERYDAY you and I have a choice about how we will spend that day, that one precious, priceless day. ..choose to build your life on the solid bedrock of God-honoring disciplines that will withstand the crashing waves of time and trials. When the storms of life subside and the waves calm, then, by God’s grace, there will stand a life- your life-for all to see and praise.”- Elizabeth George
My sweet sisters…….run your race well!!! Stay focused on the “goal”…..be disciplined…..stay in God’s Word…..don’t get distracted by the world!!! Know that I am cheering YOU on all the way!!!!
Love God Greatly!
Next week is reflection week, if you have a testimony of how God has worked in your life during this Proverbs 31 series, I’d LOVE to hear it! I’ll be sharing your testimonies on Monday as I do my reflection and would LOVE to include you in my post. Please email me at LoveGodGreatly@gmail.com by Sunday night at 8 pm.
I also invite you to join us this fall for our online bible study of Colossians starting September 15th!
Congratulations to the following 3 winners of The Dig
1. Jessica Fowler
Please look for an email from me, Angela at LoveGodGreatly@gmail.com