Woohoo girls…we are up to week 6 in our Proverbs 31 series!!!
This week we are looking at verses 19 & 20
In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.
(If you are seeing this in a feed or email- click here to see the video)
I believe Matthew 23:37-38 summarizes the Proverbs 31 woman’s life……she loved the Lord her God with all her heart, soul and mind and she loved her neighbors as herself. That in a nutshell is the Proverbs 31 woman….a woman whose whole life is focused on God! God is the focus in her marriage, in her relationship with her children and how she meets the needs of the poor.
I love the story Courtney shares this week in her ebook on page 22 called “P.S. Your Hands Are Beautiful”…..what the Proverbs 31 woman did with her hands, the way she meet the needs of her family and the needs of others is truly beautiful.
Want to know something?
Your hands are beautiful too!
Don’t for a second think that no one sees how you care for your family with the beautiful hands God has given you……He sees all that you do! God sees how you tenderly rock your baby to sleep, He sees how you cook and clean so that your family can have their tummys full and a clean house to live in, He sees how you forgivingly embrace your husband after a disagreement, He sees it all…….and He’s sooo proud of you! Remember that this week as you go about serving your Lord as you serve your family and others God has placed in your life.
You are a Proverbs 31 woman in the making and so am I…..non of us have arrive…..but that’s not the point. The point isn’t about BEING the perfect wife or mother, it’s about LIVING a life that is focused on God. My sweet friend, keep your eyes on Jesus. He will mold you into the wife, mother, sister, daughter and friend that He made you to be. We are not called to be Martha Stewart or Mary Poppins…..we are called to love the Lord our God with all our hearts, souls and minds and to love our neighbors as ourselves…that’s the true Proverbs 31 woman.
Weekly Challenge: Pray and ask God to help you see the needs of others around you. Then bless someone this week by seeing the need and meeting it. Share with your group how God worked through you to meet this need.
- Helping someone while you are out and about during your day…..picking up something that they dropped, carrying out the groceries etc.
- Babysitting for the single mom down the road
- Going through your closets and giving some of your clothes, toys and other items that could be helpful to someone else.
- Surprise the family down the street who are having financial problems with a gift card or a check to help pay for one of their bills.
- Sponsor a child through Compassion or World Vision
- Help out in a soup kitchen
- Volunteer and be a friend to a woman who is in prison
- Help with VBS
- Invite a family or friend over for dinner who is new to your area or church…….give them the gift of your friendship
- The ways that you can help out are numerous…..just ask God to open your eyes so that you can see the needs around you, your home, your neighborhood, your church, your community and then put your faith into action and meet that need!
What are some ways you can help someone in need this week in your home, neighborhood or community?
Journeying with you my sweet friend!!!
Love God Greatly!