I’m excited to announce our GMG summer session sign-ups start TODAY!
Summer Session Info:
- Summer sign-ups run from: April 16th-May 14th
- Summer session dates: May 14th-August 17th
What is Good Morning Girls? (GMG)
If you have never heard of Good Morning Girls before here’s what we are… “Good Morning Girls” is a title for a group of women who use email, Facebook, Twitter, Skype or text messaging to keep each other accountable for their quiet times. For 3+ years, I have been a part of a group of girls who email each other each daily after we have our quiet time. We say “Good Morning” and then share what we read in our quiet time. Some of us have our quiet time first thing in the morning, while others squeeze it in during children’s naps or at bedtime. The time of day doesn’t matter…..our focus is just being in God’s Word daily!
Here is a video about Good Morning Girls and a few testimonials from my own personal GMG friends!
For those of you viewing this in your email, click here.
Who can join?
Young, old, single, married – any woman who wants to pursue walking with Jesus. (This is our belief statement- scroll to bottom of page).
Our main goal is to be accountable to each other and to help each other maintain the discipline of reading God’s word daily.
What’s the commitment?
Joining a Good Morning Girls group requires commitment. Now that Angela and I have had time to watch these groups form and grow, we are aware that some start strong but then fizzle out. As a result the entire group can get discouraged. So it is very important that if you join a group you remain committed to the end. Even if you can only check in once or twice a week – please do not quit completely. The other girls WANT to hear from you!
- This is a 3 month commitment.
- The summer session runs from May 14th – August 17th.
What To Study?
The Summer Book Club is optional. We will be providing SOAP Bible readings, videos and challenges to go along with Courtney’s Proverbs 31 ebook BUT this is optional. To receive Courtney’s FREE Proverbs 31 ebook make sure to subscribe to her blog at WomenLivingWell.Org
You can choose as a group to read through a certain book of the Bible together, to join a Bible study together such as a Beth Moore study or each do your own thing.
Let the sign-ups BEGIN!
Joining GMG is as simple as 1-2-3!
1- Find a group of friends to form an online accountability group.
- Women in your Sunday school class or church
- Friends from your women’s bible study
- Past college roommates,
- Other moms that you do life with…
- Still not sure who to invite? Then visit our online message board and find a group there to join! GMG groups are forming based on location, age of children, pastor wives, homeschool moms, public school moms, working moms, stay-at-home moms, special needs moms…etc. If you don’t see a group that interests you then form your own online!
2- Once you know who is in your group, decide how you want to daily communicate to each other.
- Facebook -setup a secret group. (Not sure how? Here are the steps)
- Twitter- our hastag is #GoodMorningGirls
- Text messaging
After you have joined our summer session, please make sure to subscribe to our blog for blog post updates and join our Facebook community by “Liking” us!
I’m so excited to start this next session with you!
Love God Greatly!