Welcome to week 1 of our 12 week Good Morning Girls bible study in the book of Ephesians! I’m so glad YOU are here! This past enrollment session has been a whirlwind for me……..God is doing amazing things through GMG! I was thinking about it all day today as I was trying to add women into leader groups, answer emails and reply to Facebook requests. As I sat amazed at all the women God has brought to this current session, over 5,000 from ALL over the world, I know why He is moving so powerfully. It doesn’t have anything to do with me but rather with YOU and His Word!!! God is passionate about His Word reaching “to the ends of the earth” and he’s passionate about His daughters getting to know Him better and deepening THEIR relationship with Him. God loves you and He desires for you to spend quality time each day reading His Word.
Each and every day we have a choice, will we choose to spend time with God today? My prayer for all of us is……YES! As we embark on this 12 week journey together, I pray we will develop the discipline of being in God’s Word on a daily basis. I pray each day we will choose God.
This week read: Ephesians 1:1-14
- Pray BEFORE you read that day’s assigned scriptures. Pray that God will speak to you and help you understand what you are reading.
- Rising early to spend time with God BEFORE the kids get up, or purposefully set aside time in your day to spend with Him. You establish the time and then work on sticking to it.
- Work through the S.O.A.P. method as you learn to dig deeper and focus on the assigned verses for that day.
- Reach out, share what you are reading and learning with your Good Morning Girls group. If you don’t have a group, I’d LOVE for you to share on our Facebook page or in our comment area on our blog.
Keep in mind: Good Morning Girls is a place of grace–college students, nursing moms, working moms, homeschooling moms, room moms, grandma’s caring for their grandchildren or ailing parents, and women from all walks of life are here! We women are busy and doers! We need this time to refuel and recharge–but this needs to be a time of peace–NO pressure- do what time allows. Better a little time in God’s Word than no time at all.
What will I need for this online bible study? (If you haven’t already downloaded it)
1. GMG Ephesians Estudy Guide- English version
Not into printing the Ephesians Estudy guide out?
No problem! Use SOAPStudy.com to journal your way through Ephesians! They also have a mobile version for your phone too! Check them out at: www.soapstudy.com/
Digging a little deeper: For those of you who would like further study into these verses this week, I’ve provided a few resources below for you to use to help you dig a little deeper.
1. John MacArthur
2. John Piper
Please know that I’ll be praying for all of you this week as you begin reading in Ephesians and discussing the verses in your groups. If you aren’t in a group, then I invite you to share with us what you are learning either in our comment section here on our blog or on our Facebook page!
I’ll see you back here on Wednesday and Jen, one of our new contributors, will have a post for you this coming Friday! Woohoo! Can’t wait!
Until next time…
Love God Greatly!