Good Morning Girls Summer Kick-Off!

(This is my Good Morning Girls Group – 3 are missing)
I am SO excited to get this session started!!!  But first we need to get all the groups signed up!  All the message boards have been wiped clean from the past session and we ask that all new AND RETURNING groups enroll starting today!
Here’s all the details:

When: Enrollment runs May 1st through May 15th

Where: Sign up on the Message board  If you have a group of girls already, then enroll them on the message board.  If you do not have a group yet, go to the thread on the board where other ladies are looking for a group and email one of them and create a group!

Who: Young, old, single, married – everyone who wants to pursue walking with Jesus.  (This is our belief statement).

What: If you have never heard of Good Morning Girls before here’s what we are…The “Good Morning Girls” is a title for a group of women who use email, facebook, twitter or text messaging to keep each other accountable for their quiet times. For 3+ years, I have been a part of a group of girls who email each other each weekday morning after we have our quiet time. We say “Good Morning” and then share what we read in our quiet time. Some of us have our quiet time first thing in the morning, while others squeeze it in during children’s naps or at bedtime.

Why:  Our main goal is to be accountable to each other and to help each other maintain the discipline of reading God’s word daily.

Important to note:  When our group began we had 11 women – within five months we were down to 5 women.  After 3+ years, we moved back up to 11!    Your group may lose a few – don’t sweat it.  This is normal – do not take it personally or let it discourage you.  Keep going and praying for your group.

The Summer Book Club:
  Starting May 23rd, we will be going through The Ministry of Motherhood  by Sally Clarkson.  We have exclusive videos and an outline of Bible readings for those who want more Bible.

Commitment:

Joining a Good Morning Girls group requires commitment.  Now that Angela and I have had time to watch these groups form and grow, we are aware that some start strong but then fizzle out.  As a result the entire group can get discouraged.  So it is very important that if you join a group you remain committed to the end.  Even if you can only check in once or twice a week – please do not quit completely.  The other girls WANT to hear from you!

This is a 3 month commitment.  The summer session runs from May 15th – August 15th.

What To Study:
  The Summer Book Club is optional.  We will be providing Bible readings to go along with the theme of each chapter in the Sally Clarkson book.  BUT this is optional. You can choose as a group to read through a certain book of the Bible together, to join a Bible study together such as a Beth Moore study or each do your own thing.

This past winter we had over 1,200 women in Good Morning Girls groups!   We can’t wait to see what God does this summer as together we journey towards Jesus!

Let the sign-ups BEGIN!

Walk with the King and let him knock your socks off – he loves you so!!!!

Comments

1. I loved the videos from the Book of James study – so inspiring!

I am trying to find a book to study (I am sure the Ministry of Motherhood is very good but I am not a mother!)

I am thinking maybe a book by Elizabeth George (so many to choose from!), The Fascinating Girl or Becoming the Woman God Wants Me To Be. Hopefully I will find on that suits the stage of life I am in.

p.s. Wow! You all have such shiny hair!

2. Angela says:

That’s a GREAT point to make Jenny….if Ministry of Motherhood isn’t for you, start your own book club with a book that you would be more interested in. Good Morning Girls is all about being in God’s Word, positively holding each other accountable, friendships, support and a sense of community. Please feel free to start your own book club, whether it is a book out of the bible or like you said an Elizabeth George book. Then “advertise” your book club on our message board letting other women know! I LOVE there being options for our GMG women to join! I think that’s wonderful! :) Thanks Jenny!
    Love God Greatly!
    -Angela

3. For those that are not moms a great book that I’m just beginning to finish is A Plan A Woment in A Plan B World by Debbie Taylor Williams. I plan on reading the Ministry of Motherhood :)

4. Nichola Jackson says:

I’m excited!

5. Kimberly Culbreth says:

I am a recent widow, and my husband isnt here to lead me and im running on low. My husband was killed in Afghanistan. I dont know many people here and I have 6 children and it is difficult for me to attend bible studies. I struggle even going to church right now. Its a wonderful church, but its filled with military families and right now its hard for me to see them all together. I really need to be a part of this study, but I have no group and I would like to be added to a strong group who wont fizzle out. Is there anyway I can be a part of a group.

6. Tina Gallagher says:

@ Jenny: I’ve done Donna Partow’s book “Becoming a woman God wants to be” (2x) and I highly recomend it. It was a life changing for me in some many ways. She even has a web-based group that you can join and watch videos and chat with her and others as you go through the book.
    In this season, me and 3 of my girlfriends will be starting the Beth Moore’s study on “David”. I can hardly wait!!

7. Kimberly – I am SO sorry for your loss :-( I can’t imagine the pain and stuggles you face each day.

I would recommend that you go to the message board and leave your story there along with your contact info. I know last session a group of military wives came together and are still going.

There is a thread for women looking for a group – please go there…maybe you will find a group who are not military wives – but women who are widows…we can pray that God does that? He can!

Praying for you!
    Courtmey

8. shannon says:

I can’t wait to get started!!

9. @ Tina – thank you! It does sound like a good study to do! Just need a group now! Another step towards changing my life.

@ Kimberly – Praying for you.

10. Is this an online study or an in-person study?

11. jackie says:

i would love to be a part of your wonderful group.
    i need to have inspiration and faith in my life.

12. Hi Kimberly,

My heart hurts for you my sweet friend. Please know that I am praying for you! I wish I lived close to you so I could hug you, help you out when you need it and give you a break to re-energize your batteries. If you haven’t done so already, we have lots of groups forming on our message board. Check them out and see if you think they’d be a good fit for you. :) I’m so glad you’re joining us!

Love God Greatly!
    -Angela

13. Hi Tina,

Ohhhh I’ve heard the Beth Moore study on “David” is wonderful!!! I’d love to do that one too! :) I love it that you’re customizing GMG to fit your needs!

Hi Shannon- I can’t wait either! So glad you’re joining us! ;)

Hi Tami- This study is all on-line! :) We have women from around the world participating! Very exciting! :)

Hi Jackie- We’d love to have you join us Jackie! :) I think we all need a little help from time-to-time with inspiration in our lives. :) Welcome! :)

14. I’d love to participate in the study. I’ve read Ministry of Motherhood and look forward to studying it and The Word in depth!

15. I look forward to being part of the study!

16. Our group is not participating in the summer book club reading. But I love, love, love the books by Sally Clarkson. However, several ladies in my group are seniors or unmarried so the book wasn’t applicable for them. So, we are studying together the book of Proverbs and Philippians during the summer months. There are 16 in our group. God bless and thank you for this marvelous ministry you have started. My ladies are loving it.

17. Natasha – 16 – that’s a wonderfully sized group!!! And I am so glad that your group has varied ages – beautiful!!!

Keep walking with the King!
    Courtney

18. I found Courtney on You-tube and stinking think she is great, a wonderful godly example. Listened to a bunch of videos while I cleaned my house, then did some research and saw that you all are going through Ministry of Motherhood!!! I had just started reading that book a week ago!!
    I would like to do a book club with some friends and was wondering if it would be okay to use your you-tube videos, and the Sally Clarkson video’s on my Blog?
    I love what your doing and hope to come up with a Good Morning Girls group for the next session.
    Thank you for any advise.
    Have a beautiful day.
    Jayne

19. Jayne – oh yes – feel free to use them and I encourage you to put our link http://www.goodmorninggirls.org as to where you found them! We appreciate it :) and are blessed to partner with you in spreading God’s truth!
    Courtney

20. I am so sad that I missed this

1. [...] legacy for our children to follow. That’s one of the reasons Courtney and I are offering the Ministry of Motherhood book club this summer, because of this strong desire in all of us to raise our children well. To give them a [...]