There are few books that when you read them, they truly change your life…..Mission of Motherhood is one of them for me! From the moment I started reading this book I fell in love with Sally Clarkson! I truly feel I am a better, more patient and intentional mom because of the wisdom and insight she shares.
This past weekend I was blessed with the opportunity to go to her Dallas Mom Heart Conference with my sweet friend, Courtney. We both had a wonderful time, not only because we got the chance to spend some time together and catch-up, but also because of the opportunity to hear Sally speak. Wisdom just pours out of her! I would love to be as wise as she is one day! She is becoming a role-model for me as I strive to be the mom and wife God has called me to be.
Sally’s daughter, Sarah, actually shared with us the secret of Sally’s wisdom……it’s because of the time she has spent in God’s Word. Sarah recalled one of her favorite memories growing up was seeing her mom in the morning with her cup of tea spending time reading God’s Word. Do you want to made a difference in your childrens’ lives? Do you want Godly wisdom? Then we have to make spending time with God a daily priority! I want to give my daughters’ the same memories Sally has given Sarah, I want my girls to remember waking up in the morning and finding me reading the bible, making God a priority in my life!
Here are a few of my favorite quotes from the Mom Heart conference:
My Spiritual Life
- If you are not spending time with God, you can not have a spiritual house.
- Jesus wants us to be HOLY…not happy and shallow!
- God allows difficulties because He wants us to know this is not our home.
- Its a woman’s honor to overlook sin. Bitterness does not look well on a woman.
Being The Mom God Calls Me To Be
- God is not after you reaching the perfect ideal, He is after you reaching HIS ideal.
- It takes TIME to build a legacy! We have to live our faith out in front of our children!
- Our children need to see what it looks like to walk with God. We must be intentional!
- Have dreams for your family!
- Make goals for your family and don’t give up on your ideals!
- It is God’s will for you to be an over-comer…….God wants you to be victorious!!! Believe it!
- Inspire your children to trust God! Do you leave a trail of faith for them to follow?
- Stay passionate for God’s Word!
- We are responsible for passing on our faith to our children.
- Remember it’s the kindness of God that leads to repentance!
- You are not defined by the circumstances of your life!
- You can’t build influence by giving “things” give them you! Your time, forgiveness etc. Build a relationship with them and invest in their lives!
- My faith matters! God is not limited except by our faith!
- Faith is caught not taught!
- Walk by faith with your children.
Teaching My Children
- We are called to teach the Word of God to our children!
- We are called to make our children world changers.
- What kind of mom do you want to be in 10 years? Make a plan and go for it!
- Teach your children that they have a purpose in the world. They are called to influence the world, not the world to influence them.
Cultivating A Happy Home
- Food opens the hearts of our children and husbands!
- Kids and husbands want a happy mom/wife. Let your children know that you are happy to be their mom.
- Choose to look for joy! Happiness is a choice!
You can find Sally at http://www.itakejoy.com/
That’s what I’ve been learning lately! Now it’s your turn!
Love God Greatly!