We have heard that some groups are doing amazing and dynamic! Praise the Lord! But we also heard from a few, that their group is struggling. So I thought I would write today to encourage those whose groups may be struggling. Here’s a few issues you could be facing:
1. You feel like you are emailing yourself every morning.
If the rest of your group is not responding daily, do not be discouraged. Though you are missing out on the vibrant deep spiritual conversation you were looking forward to, God has put this group together for a reason. Continue to rise early and commune with God – you are being blessed by this time. I believe that those who receive your emails are also getting a tidbit of God’s truth spoken into their lives by your emails. So persevere. When the end of this session comes, pray about trying again with a new group.
2. 2-3 of you email consistently and the others are not participating. You wonder if you should confront those ladies.
My answer to this question is “no”. I would not confront them but I would let them know that they are missed and that you would love to hear from them more to connect. Some ladies are going to struggle more than others based on their season of life, their ability to be disciplined and their willingness to open up in a group. Pray for the ladies and be patient with them.
3. You feel like some in the group are judgemental or just different from you. You aren’t connecting.
Sometimes this is “iron sharpening iron” Proverbs 27:17 – it can hurt at times to be stretched and grow. But sometimes this is someone else’s problem and has nothing to do with you. Their personality and disposition is just difficult. All of us are on a journey toward growth and some need more grace than others. Be a giver of grace in the group. Cover this girl in prayer.
4. You want out! The guilt of failing to have the quiet time is frustrating.
Don’t give up. Give yourself grace! God loves you deeply and no matter what you do good or bad he will always love you. Do not heap guilt on yourself but take baby steps towards growth. If all you can do is read one verse a day – then do it! Start there and move forward. Pray and ask God for a hunger, thirst and discipline to be in his word.
5. You love the concept but want a new group.
December 15th is coming! Hang tight and when this cycle ends – join us again in January and try a new group. Really pray about who God would bring into your next group.
6. Your group is too large and the emails are too much.
In January, divide your group into two. It may be hard to do this but it will benefit everyone to be able to manage all the emails and respond and connect. Pray that your group will be willing to do this.
7. You don’t know where to read in the scriptures! Read a Proverb a day, read a couple Psalms a day, or read Luke to prepare for the holidays. Pray and ask God to guide you to where he wants you to be reading right now. Ecclesiastes is another favorite of mine!
8. You wish the group was all reading the same passage of scripture everyday.
Hang tight because Angela and I are developing a simple but thorough method to study your Bible come January. We will pick a book of the Bible and if your group would like to join us for this study – we will have it available for your group. It will be optional and we think you will really like it!
Any other questions? Ask away in the comment section!
Now it’s time for the link up – I apologize I’m a day late – oops!!!!
If you are a blogger we invite you to blog about what you are learning in your walk with God and then link up below (this includes devotionals you have written). If you are not a blogger, we invite you to weekly share in the comments section what God is teaching you in his word.
Walk with the King!